Hyundai Forums banner

Don't pay dealers for this!

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  NicholasD 
#1 ·
Just in case my fellow Hyundai/Kia people are still people paying the dealer $50+ to change the cabin air filter, I thought I would make a quick video to show how simple it is. This should be done every 30k miles at the least, link of the filter I used is in the description.

Yes, there are many youtube videos of this but I hope this video makes it simpler and easier for everyone!

#7 ·
Not if you only have gloves in your glove compartment.

Took that automotive industry over a hundred years to add a cabin filter. Before that your air conditioner evaporator was the filter, and before that the heater core, and before that was nothing, no air intake.

On some vehicles after I removed the blower motor, duct taped a leaf blower to one dash open vent, with a shop vacuum hose in place of the blower motor. Talk about a dust storm during the 30's!

#8 ·
Thumbs up! If anyone is like me I recommend changing the filter sooner. I do mine yearly which is 7,500. It does reduce runny nose when changed out early. I appreciate Hyundai making cabin filter, air filter, and oil change easy to DIY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.