Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case my fellow Hyundai/Kia people are still people paying the dealer $50+ to change the cabin air filter, I thought I would make a quick video to show how simple it is. This should be done every 30k miles at the least, link of the filter I used is in the description.

Yes, there are many youtube videos of this but I hope this video makes it simpler and easier for everyone!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Did you notice the special tools you have to buy to replace your air and cabin filter?

Like none and skill level with A being the highest, like a lever D. Those screw in caps for the cabin are left and right, don't confused them.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Hardest part is taking everything out of the glove compartment and putting it all back in the glove compartment.
Not if you only have gloves in your glove compartment.

Took that automotive industry over a hundred years to add a cabin filter. Before that your air conditioner evaporator was the filter, and before that the heater core, and before that was nothing, no air intake.

On some vehicles after I removed the blower motor, duct taped a leaf blower to one dash open vent, with a shop vacuum hose in place of the blower motor. Talk about a dust storm during the 30's!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Thumbs up! If anyone is like me I recommend changing the filter sooner. I do mine yearly which is 7,500. It does reduce runny nose when changed out early. I appreciate Hyundai making cabin filter, air filter, and oil change easy to DIY.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts