Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully this will spice up my 2016 Tucson Ultimate even more once I get Android Auto up and running

had to work with Hyundai Support to get the VIN cleared out of the previous owners account so I could register and get access to the 'Downloads' which was a pain in the ass but that's how that kind of stuff goes

almost finished though

any special apps you guys use or recommend that I should check out? thanks in advance

excited to get up to date maps

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not sure which apps you are referring to... while I'm not 100% familiar with android auto the only apps you can access are music/pandora and maybe some form of maps... there's not much else the Tucson can do that I've seen... you're not going to run Waze on your screen, for example.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which apps you are referring to... while I'm not 100% familiar with android auto the only apps you can access are music/pandora and maybe some form of maps... there's not much else the Tucson can do that I've seen... you're not going to run Waze on your screen, for example.
actually you can, Waze is one of the top recommended apps
and looking forward to being able to see some of the local police officer positions on there as well :)
i still can't post links or I would drop one here for you to review so you can see the Waze in action, youtube has a few

i'm not looking for anything crazy though, just curious if there is any nifty maps or music or radio apps that folks personally use and enjoy

ALSO did have a major question though for you guys

once i complete the software update, am I good to go back and delete that 'update' folder off the SD card?
it took up MOST of the space on there and if it's no longer needed once the update is complete, I'd prefer to just delete that.
don't want to do it if it will cause any issues though....

·
Registered
827 Posts
On your phone. There is a menu option in Android Auto app that opens the play store with top recommended apps for it. If you install Waze on your phone it will become available on your head unit as well under the maps / nav section

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What downloads are you accessing? On the radio itself or on the hyundai website?
If you don't have the 'Android Auto' option currently avail on your radio, you need to register your vehicle VIN on the MyHyundai site. Once you do that, there is a tab for Downloads that has the software update you can download to your vehicle's SD card, then reinsert it, and run the update from the 'System' or Info tab under Settings I believe. takes about 10 to 15 to perform the update.

once that's done though you can just plug your phone in with a usb cable to the port, then run android auto from your device, then press android auto on the vehicle radio and you are connected and can access WAZE and other apps

I really enjoy waze also because it shows you a Speedometer and allows you to set alerts for when you go over the speed limit which is helpful when youre not paying attention. Also works flawlessly with the Google voice searching.

I just say 'Okay google, play ______' and it will open pandora and play that station for example, or i can say 'Okay google drive to Best Buy' and it will pop that route right up and start you own your way

super convenient

i rarely have to press buttons or take my hands off the wheel at this point

·
Registered
842 Posts
Google bought out Waze, so it's a google product. They enabled Waze for Android Auto last year.

I use google maps for offline map downloads. But use Waze for when traffic is terrible.

I use Spotify and Slacker radio for music.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally figured out how to get it all working.... very neat. Your thread motivated me to get going on it, thanks! lol.
niceeeeeeeeee haha glad I could inspire

I definitely don't use it all the time since the OEM stuff works pretty well and is simple and straightforward

but for any long road trips / things of that nature, Waze and the music apps are a godsend

i REALLY like that Waze displays a working speedometer on screen which helps when you're navigating and concerned about your speed

you can even set it to trigger audio alerts so it will notify you if you're going over the speed limit should the limit change quickly from one zone to another

i'll definitely report back any other interesting finds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts