Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's supposed to have it, and both my Accord and M3 did it automatically, and they're older. This car is supposed to do it after pairing the phone, and I could see 'downloading phonebook' or something like that, but can't find it. The option is not under 'phone' in 'setup'. And the 'phonebook' in voice command is to create them one by one. What's the deal? Manual is very vague on this. In fact, manual is WRONG on many things. It says to answer phone with the voice command button, and that's wrong. Thanks gang.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have the NAV, but I believe without it, the only way to access the phonebook is via voice commands.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (midas69 @ May 14 2010, 10:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322976
I have the NAV, but I believe without it, the only way to access the phonebook is via voice commands.
I tried and nothing was there, until I started adding a couple ONE BY ONE (by voice). Thanks man.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ May 15 2010, 09:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323094
Can you give more detail on exactly how you did this?
You can start with 'help' after pressing the voice button. But the command is 'phonebook'. THen you're asked several options; choose 'add entry'. THen you're asked 'by voice or by phone'. Say 'by voice' (I have no idea how to do it by phone; couldn't do it). Then follow the directions (first you say a name, then say the number, etc).

I guess without nav we have no phonebook capability. Not a huge deal, as I basically just use BT to answer calls quickly (don't like phone conversations while driving), and maybe to make a quick call home, office, or to the wife (I'll add those with the method above). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 15 2010, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323142
You can start with 'help' after pressing the voice button. But the command is 'phonebook'. THen you're asked several options; choose 'add entry'. THen you're asked 'by voice or by phone'. Say 'by voice' (I have no idea how to do it by phone; couldn't do it). Then follow the directions (first you say a name, then say the number, etc).

I guess without nav we have no phonebook capability. Not a huge deal, as I basically just use BT to answer calls quickly (don't like phone conversations while driving), and maybe to make a quick call home, office, or to the wife (I'll add those with the method above). Hope this helps.
Oops.. mine had NAV. There is no phonebook command. The phone is supposed to download the contacts, but my phone does not have this feature. I'd like to be able to create a car phone book, but the NAV units do not seem to have this feature.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It should download the phonebook automatically. If you press the call button or the voice command button and the screen say's downloading phonebook, the phonebook is downloading. You may not be allowing it to finish downloading. My phone takes about 4-5 minutes to download the phonebook, but my wife's phone only takes about 30 seconds, so the download time seems dependent on the phone model. When the phonebook is done downloading, the car will say so.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Todd Nicholson @ May 15 2010, 02:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323163
It should download the phonebook automatically. If you press the call button or the voice command button and the screen say's downloading phonebook, the phonebook is downloading.
That's exactly what my car (no nav) says, but doesn't download crap. And there's no phonebook option on the menu, so how the heck do you retrieve the numbers? By the way, many of my contacts are in spanish, so car probably wouldn't interpret them correctly anyway :grin: .

Something's wrong with this feature on non-nav models. Doesn't seem to be supported, or we should be able to access the list manually. My Accord also had the one-by-one phonebook recording feature, which wasn't possible to see manually either. I have to try it, but if it works like on the Accord, I'd be fine, since I only need a handful of contacts to call while driving.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is no phonebook listing on the screen like the NAV models. The phonebook downloads so that when a call come into the system, you'll see the name on the screen. It's also used in the voice dialing feature. If it say's the transfer completes, the phonebook is in there. You can access the phonebook using voice commands. Press the command button and say "help".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts