Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I negotiated my 2018 Elantra Value I demanded the cargo package that includes the tray, net, and hook. Well. the car that they located for me had the tray but not the net or hook. Had to wait a month to get the net and hook ordered and installed. Last week, during my appointment they said to me that the net and hook don't work with the 2018. Having done my research, I stated that the 2017 accessories work but need to be drilled. After some time they agreed that the hooks could be drilled to fit but not the net, so I would have to wait till Hyundai made the 2018 net available. I then negotiated by saying just put in 2 hooks and forget the net, which they did (took them 4 hours because they weren't familiar with the installation...I think they needed to use threaded insert rivets...coffee and cookies kept my ire in check). Anyway, online retailers are telling me cargo net F3017ADU00 fits with drilling. Has anyone installed a net on the 2018? BTW, don't bother calling Hyundai direct; they are clueless. Their catch phrase is: "Please consult your dealer."

·
Registered
941 Posts
The size of the car is the same so unless there's some freaky change to the hooks the 2017 net should fit just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I negotiated my 2018 Elantra Value I demanded the cargo package that includes the tray, net, and hook. Well. the car that they located for me had the tray but not the net or hook. Had to wait a month to get the net and hook ordered and installed. Last week, during my appointment they said to me that the net and hook don't work with the 2018. Having done my research, I stated that the 2017 accessories work but need to be drilled. After some time they agreed that the hooks could be drilled to fit but not the net, so I would have to wait till Hyundai made the 2018 net available. I then negotiated by saying just put in 2 hooks and forget the net, which they did (took them 4 hours because they weren't familiar with the installation...I think they needed to use threaded insert rivets...coffee and cookies kept my ire in check). Anyway, online retailers are telling me cargo net F3017ADU00 fits with drilling. Has anyone installed a net on the 2018? BTW, don't bother calling Hyundai direct; they are clueless. Their catch phrase is: "Please consult your dealer."
I have a 2018 Elantra Value and it came with the cargo net already installed. It's much smaller than the one in my previous Elantra Sport

·
Registered
847 Posts
There are two different cargo nets that we might be discussing here. Not sure which the original poster is referring to. One holds down cargo and goes on the floor, secured by hooks in the floor. The other, which @Chuckster750800! is referring to, goes across the rear opening of the trunk, and can keep things from falling out if you're parked on an incline (but otherwise, just gets in the way, as Chuckster pointed out).

So which one is @rwheele1 talking about?

·
22,788 Posts
Using the same net in my 2017 that I had in the ‘11 & ‘13’s. From a 2011 Genesis coupe never unwrapped at a garage sale, $5. (Yes, I remove adds prior to trading. Why buy something 2-3 times?)

I had to enlarge the 4 mounting holes. And when I say “Enlarge” I refer to one drill bit larger than the one that fits the hole. Insert bolts from the rear. Replace interior carpet liner, thread on the hook.

Worst part? Removing the trunk gasket to gain access to the fender lining material. Sure looks great when completed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From my research the GT is the one that has the preinstalled hook loops along the perimeter on the trunk flooring. My Value doesn't have these. I saw in my dealer's showroom a Value that had the hammock-like net along the trunk opening installed. If the consensus here is to skip it, that's fine. I think the cargo hooks may be sufficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts