Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or do you do it yourself? Seems like a ripoff for oil change, top offs, and tire rotations (plus the vehicle check list) $289-$399

I can change the filters myself (AC and engine filter) and get an oil change.

Basic will cost $289
Standard will cost $399

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did for my '06 Sonata, to AAA and not a dealer.

Not sure it really amounted to much, or if a deal would have done better, less (unlikely) or similar service for the money.

·
Registered
676 Posts
with 400.00$ i can do the following items myself on my Sante Fe 2.0T

-Replace ATF drain and fill twice using OEM ATF cost $130 aplicable Tax inc.

-Replace front transfer case and rear Diferential fluid using (Royal Purple 75w80
fluid)- wich is actually better than oems fluid cost after aplicable Tax $63.00

-Replace all 4 spark plugs using irudium type cost est after aplicable Tax $55.00

-Replace Air Filter aftermarket $35.00 aplicable Tax inc.

-Replace Engine Oil&Filter using Syn Pennz ultra & Fram XG filter ($80.00 aplicable Tax inc.)

Toal $363.00 - for that cost i can take care of more needed important items found on the vehicle You can
do-it-Yourself, if your not sure of something Youtube it. it helps alot. :wink:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
with 400.00$ i can do the following items myself on my Sante Fe 2.0T

-Replace ATF drain and fill twice using OEM ATF cost $130 aplicable Tax inc.

-Replace front transfer case and rear Diferential fluid using (Royal Purple 75w80
fluid)- wich is actually better than oems fluid cost after aplicable Tax $63.00

-Replace all 4 spark plugs using irudium type cost est after aplicable Tax $55.00

-Replace Air Filter aftermarket $35.00 aplicable Tax inc.

-Replace Engine Oil&Filter using Syn Pennz ultra & Fram XG filter ($80.00 aplicable Tax inc.)

Toal $363.00 - for that cost i can take care of more needed important items found on the vehicle You can
do-it-Yourself, if your not sure of something Youtube it. it helps alot. :wink:
Pennzoil has some rebates now, even $80 is expensive.

·
Registered
676 Posts
SVTfocus03 Im from Canada,Ontario Buying Quality Sythetic Engine Oil can be expensive to buy here compared to where You Live. LOL is Pennzoil brand what You use? for me its what i use Excellent refined Clean Oil to use.

·
Registered
283 Posts
For such a new vehicle we always do the required service. However, always check the dealers service specials. They always have a oil change with multipoint inspection with a free gift or tire rotation. Usually, its around 120 dollars. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The manual is the bible, you only need to do the Items Marked (R) replace in the manual, all others are inspections and not required.

·
Registered
676 Posts
For such a new vehicle we always do the required service. However, always check the dealers service specials. They always have a oil change with multipoint inspection with a free gift or tire rotation. Usually, its around 120 dollars. Hope it helps.

You can do all Your own maintenance Services on Your new car Oil & Filter changes brakes , even Repairs Yourself! with-out voiding Your warranty Just keep Your Receits...! ever heard of the
(Magnusson-Moss Waranty Act.?) read on below.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: What You Should Know

·
Registered
441 Posts
You can do all Your own maintenance Services on Your new car Oil & Filter changes brakes , even Repairs Yourself! with-out voiding Your warranty Just keep Your Receits...! ever heard of the
(Magnusson-Moss Waranty Act.?) read on below.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: What You Should Know
Certainly a valid point.

That said, having a dealer do the "scheduled/required" maintenance eliminates any questions when warranty repairs come into play.

Customers can still usually get those things addressed, assuming they have all the proper documentation of alternative/DIY service work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts