Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to think I am pretty good with a wrench. I have a decent understanding of cars and can make my way around an engine bay fairly well.

But for the life of me, I can't find the Vapor Canister Purge Valve in my 2014 Sonata Hybrid.

A little backstory:

The car's CEL came on. Ran my scanner, found it to be a P0456 code. Reseated the filler cap, cleared the code, and drove for a bit. The light came back on.

So, I bought a new OEM cap, replaced the old one, cleared the code. Same issue.

After a little digging, I found that it could be the Vapor Canister Purge Valve. Bought one from a parts store, basically this: Part

I spent a good part of yesterday looking through the engine bay trying to find it, with no luck.

So what gives? Did I buy the wrong part or am I just blind?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ignore me. It's literally to the right of the engine in plain sight. Just follow the evap lines.

FYI for anyone reading this in the future, the part I listed won't fit. You'll need something closer to this: Part

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear JKK! Makes me feel better.

Considering that I can't quite confirm that this is what's causing the fault and I bought the wrong part, I am just going to bring it to the shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently replaced the purge solenoid valve on my 2016 elantra. I tested the valve [off the car] before replacing it and I was surprised how small the leak was. It took 15 seconds to drop from a vaccum of 20" of mercury to zero but I replaced it anyways and the code was gone.
Do you have a suggestion on a vacuum tester?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.