Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a replacement backup camera for my 2016 Tucson because the original one has condensation problems. It seems I need to remove the liftgate finish panel to replace the camera. I assume it is mostly held on by clips - I can't find any screws other than the license plate screws and the license plate light screws. But I am afraid that if I try to force the panel off I will break something. I'd much rather know what I'm doing than just fly blind.

I have Googled until my fingers are raw, but surprisingly cannot find any info online (there is plenty of info for pre-2016 Tucson camera replacement, but the hatch was changed dramatically in 2016).

Has anybody ever removed this finish panel? That's apparently the official name for the piece along the bottom of the hatch - the piece that holds the license plate (and its lights) and the backup camera. You can see a diagram of the piece here: 2016-2018 Hyundai Tucson Finish Panel 87371-D3110 | Buy Hyundai Parts Now

Any and all info greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a replacement backup camera for my 2016 Tucson because the original one has condensation problems. It seems I need to remove the liftgate finish panel to replace the camera. I assume it is mostly held on by clips - I can't find any screws other than the license plate screws and the license plate light screws. But I am afraid that if I try to force the panel off I will break something. I'd much rather know what I'm doing than just fly blind.

I have Googled until my fingers are raw, but surprisingly cannot find any info online (there is plenty of info for pre-2016 Tucson camera replacement, but the hatch was changed dramatically in 2016).

Has anybody ever removed this finish panel? That's apparently the official name for the piece along the bottom of the hatch - the piece that holds the license plate (and its lights) and the backup camera. You can see a diagram of the piece here: 2016-2018 Hyundai Tucson Finish Panel 87371-D3110 | Buy Hyundai Parts Now

Any and all info greatly appreciated!
Hello! Well, I have not had to remove this, however, I installed sound deadening material in the back and this whole panel is secured with bolts from the inside of the plastic panel which (I think) 10 mm socket can remove this but from the inside. I just happened to see this since a few were loose and I noticed about 8 of these bolts securing this piece from the inside. I think once you loosen these bolts, you will then have to disconnect harnesses and you can set this on a table and swap out parts from one to the new piece. So, remove the plastic INTERIOR panel to gain access to these bolts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts