Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
i know that concept 3 does offer short ram intake for 2011 2.4L sonata but i talked to william and he said that they would offer it after mid november since they are out f stock. i researched around but did NOT find any other short ram intake that fits sonata. any suggestions/ reviews are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Guys,
i know that concept 3 does offer short ram intake for 2011 2.4L sonata but i talked to william and he said that they would offer it after mid november since they are out f stock. i researched around but did NOT find any other short ram intake that fits sonata. any suggestions/ reviews are appreciated. Thanks!
Google INsys USA they have a short ram for the 2.4 GDi Sonata and Optima for like $70

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you guys get anything that has the filter exposed under the hood like a short ram your sucking in hot air and lossing power just saying!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cold air hydrolock is a 1 in a million chance and it'd be the drivers fail for driving into a pond!

SRI's suck in the air from the engine bay but it's really not that bad...lots of guys have recorded iat's with stock and SRI's and they were nearly identical

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've made PVC intakes for other cars. They work and look pretty decent when painted matte black. The trick is getting the correct length and elbow connectors.
did you do it for your current car? if so what angles and filter did you use? any pics of the creation? is it a sonanta?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just saying, cold air intakes have higher chances than short rams for hydrolocking. :p
Very true so it's a trade off! Better off sticking with the stock system since it's already a descent pretty good flowing factory cold air system! Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts