Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the accent windows are tinted from factory a little bit or does it only apply to the sports model?

·
Super Moderator
3,760 Posts
Hyundai's Canadian site shows tinted glass standard on all models.  Bear in mind when they say "tinted" it is a very light tint that will still look clear for all intents and purposes.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
All Accents have tinted glass. Read the windows themselves. The windshield says 75% transparency minimum; the sides 70% minimum. Believe it or not, even that light of a tint is AWESOME compared to older cars with no tint.

·
Super Moderator
3,760 Posts
That is true, blood!  Better than what they used to have.

Kudos to Hyundai for throwing on the tinted band at the top of the windshield too, my last car didn't even have that and it was miserable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, this is correct, I verified by reading it on the windows, says something like 70% transparency, and the factory tint does look way better then alot of cars with clear glass. cool
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Jul 1 2010, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338066
That is true, blood!  Better than what they used to have.

Kudos to Hyundai for throwing on the tinted band at the top of the windshield too, my last car didn't even have that and it was miserable.
Mine didn't come with a tinted band. My husband's car got it, but not mine. They are both 2010's - his is the 4dr and mine the hatchback.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Bloodninja. I bought the car secondhand so i don't know if it was a dealer option. All glass is Hyundai tempered glass, 70% for all sides and back - 75% for the windshield. I doesn't look like a tint sheet was installed, you can't pick it or scratch it.

I don't know much about how tinting is installed or the process - all I know it's usually a film and this one doesn't seem to have one.

cheers

·
Registered
810 Posts
The tint on your car is definitely not stock. If there doesn't appear to be a film, it's because your dealership took it to a pro shop and they did a great job on it. If they do their job right, you shouldn't be able to notice it, nor should it scratch easily if they used the best quality tint out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts