Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I own a 2013 Hyundai Tucson. I need to order a Blinker Switch aka Turn Signal Switch.

There are different options to choose from. There are some that are for cars with automatic headlights and foglights and for those without. I need to buy the correct one.

Does a 2013 Hyundai Tucson have automatic headlights and foglights?

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,710 Posts
I need to order a Blinker Switch aka Turn Signal Switch.
Why?
I don't think that is the cause of your problem if both the turn signal and the hazard lights aren't working. The stalk switch isn't part of the hazard light circuit.

I know you said you have already done it, but I suggest you check ALL the fuses. But don't pull them all out of the fusebox. Just probe them with your voltmeter :

Take your voltmeter and connect the black probe to a known good ground.
Switch the ignition on and touch the red meter probe to the test terminals on top of each fuse...see below.
You should get the same voltage reading on both terminals. If you find a fuse that has 12V on one terminal but a different voltage on the other that fuse is blown and needs to be replaced. It will only take 5mins or so to check ALL the fuses on the car (dash & engine bay fuseboxes) if you use a voltmeter rather than having to pull each fuse out and inspect it.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice. I haven’t checked the fuses myself. But I took it to different mechanics and auto electricians who told me the fuses work fine.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,710 Posts
Thanks for your advice. I haven’t checked the fuses myself. But I took it to different mechanics and auto electricians who told me the fuses work fine.
You'd be surprised by how many vehicle techs don't know how to check fuses properly. My advise is check them yourself using a voltmeter to be sure.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you are saying makes sense. I will have to get my hands on a voltmeter and give it a shot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts