Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Sep 30 2010, 03:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359949
well then call eibach and request it! if they get enough requests they will go on with manufacturing them!

they make them for genesis coupe !

http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/
Hey everyone...

Eibach's ae now available for our 2011 Sonata's. They are currently on back-order until March 1st, but here's the part number:

Part # 4246.140

Amount of lowering:

Front: 1.0"
Rear: 0.8"

Cost has been marked down to $304.43 from $369.00 on their website, but I've shopped around and most of their approved distributor's range between $265.00 to $295.00 depending on the shop. Some of you may have contacts in the accessory business, but my guy quoted me $262.00 OTD tax included.

Also, H&R springs are still in R&D as of yesterday and will be for another month or two. Cost will be comparable and here are the specs:

Part # 52030

Amount of lowering:

Front: 1.4"
Rear: 1.3"

I've used both on various cars and my experience along with many professional critics state that H&R are more agreessive and a little stiffer with more lowering. Eibach's are a little more softer with less lowering and all of this has to do with spring rate, etc.

Neotech has springs available NOW for $340.00 USD shipped from Shark Racing which we all know is very reputable and many on our forum have them with good feedback. I'm considering the coilovers as I received some good feedback from Boogyman and they will probably best accomplish what I'm looking for which is to put the fender right above the tire without the tire being tucked and be able to adjust the height and ride quality....

Suspension work is probably the single most important after market mod you can do to your vehicle, so whatever you all decide, don't cheap-out in this area...as always, this is based on my experiences and IMHO and just putting information out there for you to make your own decision.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I wonder if I went with the Eibach if I should get replacement shocks/struts?
1.0 and .8 is not very agressive a drop.

I will wait for other to chime in before spending money. Don't want a really harsh ride on the stock struts/shocks and have them blow out..

I know with my old car I had H&R springs on and I went with tokico shocks/struts and the ride was a little harsh, but it cornered like it was on rails.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (jasen1 @ Feb 16 2011, 07:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=403102
I wonder if I went with the Eibach if I should get replacement shocks/struts?
1.0 and .8 is not very agressive a drop.

I will wait for other to chime in before spending money. Don't want a really harsh ride on the stock struts/shocks and have them blow out..

I know with my old car I had H&R springs on and I went with tokico shocks/struts and the ride was a little harsh, but it cornered like it was on rails.
I would love to have Tokico Ilumina adjustable struts and shocks with a slight drop from progressive rate springs. I don't see Tokico making the parts for less than a high demand application. Maybe the turbo will catch on with the younger car buying segment and more modders will will change that.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Feb 16 2011, 11:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=403126
that eibach drop enough to cause uneven tire treadwear?
Not if you get an alignment.

I have the Neo-tech springs and I was within specs after my alignment so I should get good tire wear, and thats with a slightly bigger drop.... I think it's perfect.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Feb 17 2011, 07:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=403221
Not if you get an alignment.

I have the Neo-tech springs and I was within specs after my alignment so I should get good tire wear, and thats with a slightly bigger drop.... I think it's perfect.
Any pics? And did you need to get camber bolts? What are you riding on For shocks/struts? And finally how's the ride?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts