Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could swear I read here that after your Bluelink subscription ends, it's just going to keep working (guidance, remote, connected care). The idea is that Hyundai just made it all free. Or maybe just nav updates?

My 2020 Sonata says it has 5 months left. It also tells me it will be $99/each on renewal. Is it actually just going to continue for free?

I searched around on the forum and didn't find anything so maybe I read it somewhere else (or had bad search terms).

(or I imagined it)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,227 Posts
I could swear I read here that after your Bluelink subscription ends, it's just going to keep working (guidance, remote, connected care). The idea is that Hyundai just made it all free. Or maybe just nav updates?

My 2020 Sonata says it has 5 months left. It also tells me it will be $99/each on renewal. Is it actually just going to continue for free?

I searched around on the forum and didn't find anything so maybe I read it somewhere else (or had bad search terms).

(or I imagined it)

Thanks!!
It's the nav updates that supposedly will remain free even if you don't renew the Blue Link Guidance package. I know that's what I was told by mapnsoft a couple of years ago, and it proved correct when I was suddenly able to buy the map updates for my 2012 Sonata (too old to be available as a download), despite not subscribing to Blue Link. The cost was $25, which is what they charge for every model for people who decide to go that route instead of downloading. It used to be $145 before that.

So let's see if that is also true for newer models, as owners of 2020 models approach the end of their subscription. When the next map update is released, I'd like to see if someone is able to download/install it even if they've let their Blue Link subscription lapse.

Blue Link still costs money to renew though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although I have a 2021 Hyundai Sonata, I think it's doubtful since is a cost for a cell connection and companies hardly do not like to give up revenue streams.

·
Registered
592 Posts
My wife has a 2020 Sonata SEL purchased 10/2020. Blue Link Connected Services are Free for 36 months from the time of purchase. It's listed on the Window Sticker. She had had the car for 2 years last month and the Subscription is still active. Same for my 2021 Sonata N-Line

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
274 Posts
Maps & map updates should always work and be free, so long as they keep providing updates for the DN8 Sonata. Should your bluelink connected navigation subscription expire without renewal, the car will just route based on the map data itself, no "live/connected" routing through bluelink. (aka no traffic info, etc). There are 2 other bluelink subscriptions iirc, remote control through the app app and some sort of care/maintenance package, total of all 3 subscriptions is roughly over $300/year.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,227 Posts
Maps & map updates should always work and be free
I hope that's true, and I think it is, as I posted above, but that wasn't always true. And Hyundai still says that the Guidance package is what gets you the "multimedia & navigation updates":

Rectangle Font Screenshot Circle Parallel

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So let's see if that is also true for newer models, as owners of 2020 models approach the end of their subscription. When the next map update is released, I'd like to see if someone is able to download/install it even if they've let their Blue Link subscription lapse.
Yes, someone actually doing it would confirm. I bought my Sonata early on, the first week of January 2020. So, my package expires the first week of January 2023. So, in April, I'll give it a shot.

I don't think I would pay for map updates. As someone in this thread alluded to, Android Auto and Carplay are solid replacements. As for the other two packages, not sure what I'll do. Really like remote start when it's 110 degrees out.

·
Registered
20 Sonata LTD, St. Sea Blue, All Black interior.
139 Posts
Actual map updates are FREE if you DL and install yourself via USB. I doubt Navigation will work AT ALL if you don't renew after the 36 months.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
274 Posts
Actual map updates are FREE if you DL and install yourself via USB. I doubt Navigation will work AT ALL if you don't renew after the 36 months.
Navigation will work if you don't renew, it will just use onboard routing (no traffic data) rather than connected routing through bluelink.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just renewed for our 2020 Palisade. You can get 15% off if you do three years, but I got an email for 40% off the Connected Care. Called them up and they gave me 40% off Connected Care and Remote, but they wouldn't discount Guidance. I did the 40% off the two packages and was going to do the guidance for 3 years to get the 15% off, but you have to have the Connected Care for the same amount of time... So I just renewed for a year and we'll see what happens next year...

·
Registered
20 Sonata LTD, St. Sea Blue, All Black interior.
139 Posts
Off topic a bit but you hear about the guy that brought in his Tesla for upgrades to his 2G or 3G to 4G/5G after buying it used as a 3rd owner. Tesla downed his battery (thus mileage range) capacity by 1/3. Then told him to get it back fork over $4500. This trend is increasing in the auto industry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Off topic a bit but you hear about the guy that brought in his Tesla for upgrades to his 2G or 3G to 4G/5G after buying it used as a 3rd owner. Tesla downed his battery (thus mileage range) capacity by 1/3. Then told him to get it back fork over $4500. This trend is increasing in the auto industry.
Well, I have the skills to revive old cars with no computers onboard. Hold my beer!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes I seen that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tesla made it right after the outcry...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just renewed for our 2020 Palisade. You can get 15% off if you do three years, but I got an email for 40% off the Connected Care. Called them up and they gave me 40% off Connected Care and Remote, but they wouldn't discount Guidance. I did the 40% off the two packages and was going to do the guidance for 3 years to get the 15% off, but you have to have the Connected Care for the same amount of time... So I just renewed for a year and we'll see what happens next year...
Thanks for the tips! I'll have to remember to call. What did you say to get that discount? Just ask what discounts they have?

I won't be doing 3 years. I don't know how long I'll keep this car. I'll probably do one year like you did.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was told by Bluelink advisor that its free for 36 months with new car and after that have to pay $100 Cad per year to keep it all active.No separate packages for purchase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts