Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
first off thats a great info tool.....

secondly im australian and want to put a 4G63 turbo VR4 Evo engine in a 1996 onwards hyundai excel, i know theres a couple have done it but does it go i easily or would there be lots of modifications to make it fit? cheers mate

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
QUOTE (blayker127 @ Feb 18 2008, 10:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=138053
first off thats a great info tool.....

secondly im australian and want to put a 4G63 turbo VR4 Evo engine in a 1996 onwards hyundai excel, i know theres a couple have done it but does it go i easily or would there be lots of modifications to make it fit? cheers mate
Sorry that wouldn't be within the scope of this, I wouldn't even know, but I know in the early excels with mitsu 1.5's that they will fit.

But, anyways I won't be frequenting this board anymore, as I don't have the scoupe anymore ( I had to sell it/part it out) but anyone can pm me and I should get back within a few days. Id like to think I know the engines for the mk1 scoupes pretty well as I have owned the mitsu varients for over 6 years and 5 cars. I can also probly tech any older elantra (the ones with mitsu engines). Right now I have a baby on the way and an 89 Dodge colt turbo(same as the mitsubishi cyborg/mirage turbo). So I probly won't come back. But again pm me or visit me on 4g61t.org (I'm evotistical over there too) any questions can be answered over there about the mk1 scoupe engines in the 4g15 section. We welcome anyone to join and there is a few excel owners over there.
:liebe011: to everyone!

My new car:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I have '92 Scoupe and I am in Malaysia. Bought the car without proper air cond parts, compressor, mounting, etc. The engine runs fine but the air cond parts are in pieces and my mechanics are not wanting to fix it!!!
Do you have any ideas on what engine replacement I can use to do a complete engine replacement? I am looking at half cuts that I can buy and do a FULL ENGINE, DASHBOARD, GEARBOX, AIR COND, ETC swap.... Appreciate your guys' help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
pls I have a Hyundai accent 2007, I guess the brain box is faulty, the engine will crank fan roll etc but won't start at all, can dis reset work for it at all pls assist bcus I just bought the car from a company

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please Pin!
My '94 elantra has the G4-DJ 1.5 sohc 8v engine w/ hyundai efi. Can l swap cylinder heads w/a Mitsu 4G-15 12v w/efi. lf so, can l use my original hyundai ecu w/the mitsu head? What other parts need to be swapped/changed? l noticed both distributors have different locations. One more question: lf l change from efi to carby in my DJ engine, what are the parts l need to add/ change/swap for this conversion? tnx for your patience.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts