Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I purchased a genuine set off shark racing. It has the Mobis Genuine sticker all over it.

Upon install, I noticed that the 3 led lights at the edge of the tail lamp doesn't light up! I heard the knockoff versions don't light up...The OEM ones light up don't they?

Unless I installed it wrong? Or I was sent a fake?

·
Registered
699 Posts
It's difficult to say without knowing for sure what section and function you are referring too in your question?

The US Sonatas do not have power to the red part of the trunk fixture. The backup light does have power and works. Its a simple modification to put power to this fixture for the red running lights.

All the other bulbs or leds should work. You could post a picture of your lights and what part does not work.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
You are not sure you installed it correctly but you are wondering if you sent a fake set?

North American tails do not incorporate the small assembly on the trunk lid. You need to wire that up yourself.

And picture would help as those with it will be able to help you compare as to what the "edge" is.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's talking about at the corner of the edge of the outer tail light has three small led 'pieces' and is wondering if the genuine ones light up...

Hear mixed answers so not too sure, how about the center and outer pieces, do the lights line up or are the inner brighter than the outer?
Yes they light up equally and are the same brightness. Fitment is perfect as well

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ads of the US 2014 sonata shows the led side markers lit up on the tail lamps. Is this because the US version is different?

·
Registered
591 Posts
is that before the tint or after? looks already tinted
That's with the tint on the tails.

The ads of the US 2014 sonata shows the led side markers lit up on the tail lamps. Is this because the US version is different?
Must be for US version only. I bought my tails from Mobis in Korea so I know they are 100% genuine.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
2.0 터보;1665961 said:
Dude your paint is crystal clear! I know this thread is a tail light one but your clear coat rocks.
Lol. Thanks. Yea I love my glossy black paint. Every time I see pics sometimes I miss it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok cool. So its definitely oem. We have pretty harsh winters so im going to need reliable leds haha.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just to add, I was at the dealer for service and it seems all North American models have the led side markers. Also realized that the Hybrid is like that too. Probably done to comply with DOT regulations.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmm hopefully i wont get ticketed for non DOT approved tail lamps.. If anything, i guess I can macguyver some LEDs into it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts