Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 14" snow tires on my SE, and it got me wondering if people ever move to this size for summer tires? I can see a smoother ride, better economy, less prone to damage, and less expensive tire replacement. I'm really not that fond of 50 series. Hyundai does make Accent alloy wheels in 14", do they?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes me!, when i bought the car, it`s come with 14" summer tire wich i put on some wheels! :) They look great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi! the 2013 accent hatch m/t that they sell in the Philippines comes in 14 steelies and the a/t comes in 16 alloys. 1st time i owned a hyundai and i haven't seen any OEM 14's yet.

that's a nice shade of blue checkmate!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That does look nice! Yeah, it doesn't look alloys come with the car in 14". I was looking at the wheels on TireRack last night. I'll think I'll maybe get a package from them after the winter is over. Not such a bad price for non-fancy tires in 14".

It's funny how we wind up with the cars we buy. I really liked the blue color in a hatch and manual trans, but the local dealer didn't have one. I wound up with an se black one with an auto because of price, and it's the first auto I've ever had.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes when i bought the car, it`s was comming originaly with the 14" steelies...I upgrade with some 14" alloy rims from the dealer magazine... Thoses wheels came directly from Hyundai. And for free, they gave me winter tires who they put them on the steelies!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You got a good deal. I'll check the accessories catalog.
Indeed, you must to need how to negociate... For me, it`s innacceptable to buy a car without summer AND winter tires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
And personaly, i`m thinking to upgrade to 16" next year! :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
The price difference alone between 14" and 16" tyres means you can buy a much higher quality 14" for the same price as the 16". The higher aspect ratio also makes the tyres more tolerant of Hyundais questionable steering geometry. Very rarely hear of people driving 14" or 15" complaining about strange tyre wear issues that the folk driving 17" have. I downsized my Subaru from 17" to 16" to give me more comfortable ride on our dodgy roads, the price drop in the same brand tyre from 17 to 16" paid for the new 16" alloy rims.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I bought some used MSW Type 15 wheels, (6 spoke), with some snow tires mounted, (2 good, 2 bad), and had mounted some cheap Westlake tires, (175/70 R14. The wheels are 6" wide and were a Tire Rack package used on a 2003 Mazda Protege/323, and look to have 54.1 plastic hub adapters. The experiment will continue in the Spring. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've riding around on them for a month now and they're great! Would consider selling my GS wheels and tires and tpms if I can find out for sure if TPMS is not required in NYS.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can also find some 195-65-R14 tires for 14" wheels, if you ever get tired of the ultra skinny 175s. Overall diameter increases to 24.0".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts