Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such trash. Ball joints have gone bad after 1000km. Bushings are also trash, squeaky as ****. Unfortunately I still have warranty so I’m going to use that up before I buy quality LCAs. Don’t make the same mistake! Other parts are hit or miss but BJs/LCA for Santa Fe’s I would stay clear.

·
Registered
08 Santa Fe 2.7 Automatic
285 Posts
agree 100%. had the same experiance. don't even bother with the warranty. used to be the best foreign parts around.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I had known that before dropping 130$. Hopefully this thread helps others. I do the work myself so this doesn’t cost me any money. I’m going to keep replacing and hoping I get a good one. If I had to pay labour, I’d trash these long ago.

agree 100%. had the same experiance. don't even bother with the warranty. used to be the best foreign parts around.

·
Registered
285 Posts
if you bought it at a parts store and can get a replacement right away i'd do the same. i got mine from rock auto and the car would have to sit for days till the replacement process went thru.

·
Registered
354 Posts
agree 100%. ... ( Beck/Arnley ) ... used to be the best foreign parts around.
Second this.

Anymore, seem to be just middle man between cheap overseas supplier and (aftermarket-seeking) consumer.

They also didn't honor incorrectly described CV boots on their own site. Don't fit, neither diameter on axle shafts nor lengths. Admitted their site was in error. Refused to correct situation. Site not corrected either.

Also had received differing ball joints - despite same exact B/A part #.

Boxes differ too - despite same exact part #s.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
Had to take a short video course on Moog parts
because the auto parts store where I work is switching over to Moog suspension parts
And according to Moog, even if the Moog part fails, it won't fail as badly as other competitors
And then they go into what fails and how.

Don't know what to believe

·
Registered
285 Posts
Had to take a short video course on Moog parts
because the auto parts store where I work is switching over to Moog suspension parts
And according to Moog, even if the Moog part fails, it won't fail as badly as other competitors
And then they go into what fails and how.

Don't know what to believe
did your video course explain what this means? "Full Ball Stud Provides 360 Degrees Of Smooth Rotation"

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
Moog studs are a critical rotational component in such parts as ball joints and tie rod ends
Designed studs to not fail during the regular service life of the stud
Full ball hardened design (360 degrees) with correct geometry
So forces are applied to the large taper part of the stud where it is the strongest
And they are made to bend and not break
And fully tested to validate their strength

They started in 1919. Making replacement leaf springs.
They continued to improve on OEM designs
Moog is considered as the problem solver.
85% made in America
Best in class engineering, R&D, testing

The video is way too long.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some BA parts are relabeled Moog parts. I can’t say all BA parts are bad but BJ and LCAs for our vehicles are poor. I ordered from RA so I’ll have to rebuy, change and send back the old ones. A pain but I have no other choice.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Moog isn't what it used to be, bought their strut mounts and bearings (made in China). Had to redo the job as they were defective. Too much to ship back to rock auto. Money down the drain...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Moog isn't what it used to be, bought their strut mounts and bearings (made in China). Had to redo the job as they were defective. Too much to ship back to rock auto. Money down the drain...
yeah unfortunately buying replacement parts can be a gamble, companies that at one time held high quality standards have been forced to compete with all the low quality junk on the market, some companies keep a higher priced high quality line and offer the cheaper stuff in separate lines.

I still like Rock Auto because they give a number of choices and identify for you what should be the better part, but amazed when you look for stuff how much cheap junk is available.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i used the ba control arm it lasted a year than failed inspection for play at the 3 and 9 position on the wheel. i popped the ball joint out and put a moog in. the ba joint does'nt appear to be worn at all. no in and out movement and has very good tightness in the socket. doesn't seem dangerous at all to the best of my knowledge. i've never seen play in a ball joint like this before. it was always put a pipe under the tire and pick up on it. i still don't know if i'm out of the woods with it. i did have a thread on it: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/594977-cm-ball-joint-question.html

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not all Moog lines are great either. They have an economy lines, part numbers usually start with RK. Man im looking forward to upgrading from the Santa Fe! Long overdue. I LOVE the car but it’s been a headache.

·
Registered
387 Posts
yeah unfortunately buying replacement parts can be a gamble, companies that at one time held high quality standards have been forced to compete with all the low quality junk on the market, some companies keep a higher priced high quality line and offer the cheaper stuff in separate lines.

I still like Rock Auto because they give a number of choices and identify for you what should be the better part, but amazed when you look for stuff how much cheap junk is available.
I have called Rock about that and they will not make a reccomendation of one brand over another. Price is not always a valid indicator, either. They do sometimes break replacements down in groups: Economy, Daily Driver and Performance. On the other hand, the offer a "price saving" service where they choose the brand, based on where the part is located, to minimize shipping cost. That idea never appealed to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Moog studs are a critical rotational component in such parts as ball joints and tie rod ends
Designed studs to not fail during the regular service life of the stud
Full ball hardened design (360 degrees) with correct geometry
So forces are applied to the large taper part of the stud where it is the strongest
And they are made to bend and not break
And fully tested to validate their strength

They started in 1919. Making replacement leaf springs.
They continued to improve on OEM designs
Moog is considered as the problem solver.
85% made in America
Best in class engineering, R&D, testing

The video is way too long.
Moog problem solver outer tie rod is from korea. Very solid.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
Moog problem solver outer tie rod is from korea. Very solid.
Only 85% is made in America.
And 98% professional prefer Moog replacement parts
(According to the Moog video I was forced to endure)
Anyway, the design is American and holds out better than most competitors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts