Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I need receipts for 2007-2009 for oil and filters purchased. If anyone can scan the receipts for me and send via email, I will compensate you through paypal, or any other means. I need them asap, tomorrow if you can. e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (delhiboy3732 @ Apr 25 2010, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316767
That's a new one.
Sorry but I do not keep the receipts with me either.
Yeah I know its a weird request. Its a warranty dispute. I ve done about 4 of my oil changes myself and didnt bother to keep the receipts for the oil i purchased so I was hoping to fill in the gaps. The motor blew at 73,000 miles even though Ive done all the maintenace on time. Dealer wont validate the warranty unless I come up with every receipt on time.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (kwth8n @ Apr 25 2010, 05:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316751
As the title says, I need receipts for 2007-2009 for oil and filters purchased. If anyone can scan the receipts for me and send via email, I will compensate you through paypal, or any other means. I need them asap, tomorrow if you can. e-mail me at [email protected]

Are you serious? :w00t:
This is, how do I say it? Too funny. I've got mine but I'll only get you to 40K in miles and it would cost approx. $100,000.00 canadian. Which at last calcs is about $10 bucks in tommer cash :beer: good at any amusment park in Cranberry not to be confused with Mayberry or Blackberry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (craigbrooks @ Apr 25 2010, 09:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316786
Are you serious? :w00t:
This is, how do I say it? Too funny. I've got mine but I'll only get you to 40K in miles and it would cost approx. $100,000.00 canadian. Which at last calcs is about $10 bucks in tommer cash :beer: good at any amusment park in Cranberry not to be confused with Mayberry or Blackberry.
Okay. I didnt ask for anyone to be an *** about it. Its a simple request. If i had a bunch of receipts in my car and all i had to do was scan them for someone else to save them 5000 in repairs i'd be more than happy to do it. Im not even asking for someone to do it for free. I have all my receipts except for a few for the ones I did myself. Oh well lesson learned.. Hopefully You'll have to deal with the warranty Nazis one day also. I remember now why I dont come on these forums.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE AND OR DELETE THREAD

·
Banned
792 Posts
You come here wanting us to CHEAT, LIE and STEAL for you? And you call us Nazis????

Seig Heil to you, mister!!!!!

Hey Craig, but the middle of this week, $100,000 US funds will be worth $100,001 Canadian!!!! Giggity giggity!!!!

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (kwth8n @ Apr 25 2010, 08:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316840
Okay. I didnt ask for anyone to be an *** about it. Its a simple request. If i had a bunch of receipts in my car and all i had to do was scan them for someone else to save them 5000 in repairs i'd be more than happy to do it. Im not even asking for someone to do it for free. I have all my receipts except for a few for the ones I did myself. Oh well lesson learned.. Hopefully You'll have to deal with the warranty Nazis one day also. I remember now why I dont come on these forums.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE AND OR DELETE THREAD
There is no deleting of most Threads anymore. :banana: Why such anger toward another member? If you were the Original owner you signed a

Warranty Acknowledgment form. While they don't provide a copy, all your rights were there. Without proper receipts as you now know, Hyundai

is not going to help you, now or in the future. I took it to the Dealer for proper documented maintenance every 3000 miles. Why couldn't you?

·
Registered
433 Posts
not having 4 proofs of oil changes should not void the warranty, unless maybe they were 4 in a row (showing at least a 12,000 gap oil change...) When my engine blew @ 18,800 miles, dealer wanted proof and I was missing 1 oil change receipt. The miles varied from 3000 to 5500 miles between oil changes. They didn't say anything about it. The dealer only wanted to see that routine oil changes were done & the attempt to maintain the vechile was present. Fixed the engine and gave me a 08 as a rental. 1 week later, I had my car back with a new bottom engine :) been fine since

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (hoby2hq2 @ Apr 26 2010, 06:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316878
not having 4 proofs of oil changes should not void the warranty, unless maybe they were 4 in a row (showing at least a 12,000 gap oil change...) When my engine blew @ 18,800 miles, dealer wanted proof and I was missing 1 oil change receipt. The miles varied from 3000 to 5500 miles between oil changes. They didn't say anything about it. The dealer only wanted to see that routine oil changes were done & the attempt to maintain the vechile was present. Fixed the engine and gave me a 08 as a rental. 1 week later, I had my car back with a new bottom engine :) been fine since
Thats what I thought. They arent in a row. They were just 4 random oil changes that I figured what the **** I'd do them myself. Big mistake I'll never do again. I think dealer is just playing hardball to get me to pay out of pocket. Since you only had 18000 miles im sure they were a little more lenient with you. I'm sorry for offending anyone who feels that I'm asking them to LIE,CHEAT AND STEAL for me. I wasnt calling anyone on the forum Nazi's Just the hyundai warranty people. :~)I didnt read the warranty agreement like im sure at least 50% of you guys also didnt. I just thought a 100,000 mile warranty would be stood behind. I'm not the only one who has gone through this. Ive read dozens of post here and other forums that have had similiar problems. I m just really frustrated with this warranty thing and was looking for a break. believe me ive learned my lesson. Sorry again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (hoby2hq2 @ Apr 26 2010, 08:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316896
have you tried another dealer yet? I would take it somewhere else
Yeah, I tried one a little further away and they pretty much said the same thing, 100% receipts. I put in a dispute claim with hyundai this morning. If that doesnt work I think I'm just gonna junk it it, sell it for parts, no way im putting 5000 into this car. The value has already dropped to much for that, I just dont think its worth it. who knows what is going to fail next. Kinda wishin I had went with the Nissan Altima right about now :crying: . If nothin else I hope you guys learned from this this. Keep very accurate records especialy the do-it-yourselfers. They want TIME/DATE/OIL PURCHASED (INCLUDING THE WEIGHT/VISCOSITY), AND THE PART # FOR THE FILTER. You also have to right down the mileage and vin # on the receipt. I also learned that there are TSB out about using anything other than a Huyndai oil filter, and that no Hyundai engine should have an engine flush done even by the dealer so be careful. My dealer tried to talk me into it a few months ago.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE (kwth8n @ Apr 26 2010, 08:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316905
Yeah, I tried one a little further away and they pretty much said the same thing, 100% receipts. I put in a dispute claim with hyundai this morning. If that doesnt work I think I'm just gonna junk it it, sell it for parts, no way im putting 5000 into this car. The value has already dropped to much for that, I just dont think its worth it. who knows what is going to fail next. Kinda wishin I had went with the Nissan Altima right about now :crying: . If nothin else I hope you guys learned from this this. Keep very accurate records especialy the do-it-yourselfers. They want TIME/DATE/OIL PURCHASED (INCLUDING THE WEIGHT/VISCOSITY), AND THE PART # FOR THE FILTER. You also have to right down the mileage and vin # on the receipt. I also learned that there are TSB out about using anything other than a Huyndai oil filter, and that no Hyundai engine should have an engine flush done even by the dealer so be careful. My dealer tried to talk me into it a few months ago.
Don't they have to prove that the damage was caused by either no oil change or wrong oil/filter?

·
Registered
367 Posts
QUOTE (kwth8n @ Apr 26 2010, 09:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316905

Most auto stores keep a database of all your purchases via your phone number (atleast mine do). So go to them and ask for a print out of your records. The advanced auto and autzone near me had all the documents of every purchase for my wrangler over 5 years. For the sonata I have a local garage I trust do the work because I am unable to do work on my car (downfall to living in a condo).

I hope this helps; in the future look for auto stores that keep a database its a great back up. As another person posted try a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
QUOTE (kwth8n @ Apr 25 2010, 09:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316781
Yeah I know its a weird request. Its a warranty dispute. I ve done about 4 of my oil changes myself and didnt bother to keep the receipts for the oil i purchased so I was hoping to fill in the gaps. The motor blew at 73,000 miles even though Ive done all the maintenace on time. Dealer wont validate the warranty unless I come up with every receipt on time.

You need to two things - a new dealer and a lawsuit - or at least a threat of one.

I'm amazed at the number of people on this forum who are pushed around by dealers with nonsense like this.

File a small claims lawsuit, if necessary. Usually a plausible threat is all that is necessary.

A dealer, since they are incorporated, is required to have a lawyer in court. Since the lawyer will almost certainly rip off the dealer the same way the dealer is trying to rip you off, the matter will be settled very quickly.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE (kn5owa @ Apr 26 2010, 10:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316930
You need to two things - a new dealer and a lawsuit - or at least a threat of one.

I'm amazed at the number of people on this forum who are pushed around by dealers with nonsense like this.

File a small claims lawsuit, if necessary. Usually a plausible threat is all that is necessary.

A dealer, since they are incorporated, is required to have a lawyer in court. Since the lawyer will almost certainly rip off the dealer the same way the dealer is trying to rip you off, the matter will be settled very quickly.
AFAIK, it doesn't say ANYWHERE that you have to have receipts - it just says a log. I might be wrong though.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (spex @ Apr 26 2010, 07:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316926
Don't they have to prove that the damage was caused by either no oil change or wrong oil/filter?
Quite the opposite. You have to prove that the Sonata was maintained, at regular service intervals as spelled out in

your Manual, and in the Agreement you signed with Hyundai. If you want to do the maintenance yourself, this should be fine,

providing you keep proof of all materials used, and a service log. Asking for spare receipts is fraud. We have had others here

attempt this same crime. Insurance Fraud, plain and simple. And it doesn't matter if it is 4 Oil Changes in a row that you missed,

or missed two a Year for 2 Years. Once you have a problem like this with the Dealer, they enter it in the Hyundai Warranty system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (bobad @ Apr 26 2010, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316945
I won't lock this thread for now, because it's an important subject. Just keep it civil guys.

Do you care to relate what led up to this failure? Did you hear any noise leading up to it, or did
it happen suddenly?
It all happened pretty suddenly. I started to hear a little ticking sound at around 69,000 miles. I thought no big deal it was due for a change anyway. Took it in had the oil changed and the dealer swore up and down that I didnt do the maintenance. I showed him the receipts I did have, and he said well you need an oil flush. I told him I heard they were bad for the engine and he said no it was fine and I really needed it. I told him maybe next time and left. I went home to do some research and thats when I found the TSB about the flushes. Called another Hyundai dealer in the area and they confirmed had I done the flush it likely would have blown the engine.Thought I had dodged the bullet. Went to start up the car the other day and bang. it was clunking so loud like a rod was trying to jump out of the engine. Im an older guy in my 30's, this is a family car. I never beat on it at all. Mostly my wife drove it and shes more careful than I am so literally there is no reason for this engine to have blown. The dealer is trying to help. supposedly the inspector is taking the engine apart now to see the internals. I'll let you all know what happens. Thanks to all who have given advice.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Let's ask you this. Did you get the 30,000 & the 60,000 Major servicing done. They are very expensive done at the Dealer.

It should include the Coolant, the A/T Fluid, possibly the Plugs, & many technical adjustments that the average old guy in his 30's just can't do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts