Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about mud guards, but whenever I drive my 2020 Tucson, I end up with these salt and mud splashes that run from the front wheels all the way back and up the back doors. I don't see these kind of splashes on the cars around me, just general dirt.

I drive carefully and always avoid puddles, but it happens with the slightest wet roads. I never had this issue with my Honda Accord. So, questions:

1) Is this common with Tucsons? is it the 19" wheels? or do I need mud guards?
2) What is that flap/guard in front of the back wheel, is that considered a mud guard?
3) Should I get the OEM mud guards shown in the pictures, will they prevent this splashing? In Canada, they are $66 per pair.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Front.jpg
Back.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Z -- save your money. I have a 2020 Tucson Sport. The Sport model claims to have mudguards -- they were highlighted on the window sticker when I bought it. They look like the ones in your posted photos. But since they protrude only slightly from the back end of the wheel wells they are not very effective. They will protect the leading edge of the body work from chips (I think) but I still find a spray pattern of muddy water after a rain. I suppose after mud flaps would be better, but they are not very attractive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes mud flaps will stop alot of this. Don't waste your money on the Hyundai factory ones for they are more for show!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
They will prevent a lot of what your showing in the pics. They do work. Nothing will be perfect. I like the fact they will deflect rocks away from the paint.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine came standard luckily. No they aren't perfect, you still need to maintain those lower quadrants. But when you see the amount of shmutz they do accumulate it's clear how much isn't getting on your other lower cladding and paint work.
I'd get them without hesitation, factory or better if possible.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Iirc, most holes are there. I might have had to drill into the plastic for an extra hole but maybe not. no drilling into metal anyway. Basically, anyone could do all 4 in an hour as long as you have tools that fit between the tyre and the screws :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
As Kyoshi said, a simple right-angled screwdriver would do but they are a pita to use. A mini-ratchet that takes normal bits is ideal.

Don't forget to clean whatever gunk is stuck in there before fitting. Much better than trying to hold the world record for the fitting :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts