Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone, I'm letting you all decide on 2 mods for my car that I'm torn between. I cannot for the life of me decide if I want to blackout my roof and front bumper. I'm going to pickup some vinyl in the next few weeks and wrap the front bumper and roof to see if I like it. If I do, I'm going to take it off and spray the front bumper and roof with Brilliant Black Pearl. Either way, I am pulling the rear diffuser off and the matte black will be getting sprayed Brilliant Black Pearl. I will also be taking off the rest of the kit and re-spraying it for a better match.

Here's my car as it sits:

Here is Ghernandez019's car, thanks for letting me borrow the picture buddy:

So what do you all think? Leave it as is, black roof, or black roof and black bumper?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Blacking out the roof will look nice and doing both the bumper and roof too. I already have my bumper painted black and I want to get my roof wrap as well. Not much of an answer here but you can't go wrong either way and are you going to get new rims as well?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blacking out the roof will look nice and doing both the bumper and roof too. I already have my bumper painted black and I want to get my roof wrap as well. Not much of an answer here but you can't go wrong either way and are you going to get new rims as well?
I already have 18x8 Enkei M52 wheels that I got from my Tire Rack photoshoot :cool:.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Gamer, it's your car man!! Do what YOU like!! Either way, both cars still look fantastic especially in white. ;)

·
22,793 Posts
I'm with Bianco: Your car, your decision. I guess that doesn't help, does it?

Okay, I'll get off the fence, son. I'm a purest, somewhat. I prefer the all-white look, although Ive added the AVS shade and the sunroof wind deflector. both are dark, almost black, plexiglass and quite frankly, they look great! IMO ;)

Having said that, I will admit that the bumper and diffuser in gloss black would look great. But the tint on the roof? Nah...not for me. But I'm only one voice and I encourage everyone to chime in. I love the diverse opinions from all the different modder's/owners out there. One of them may trigger a response from me in the form of a new mod concept.

·
Registered
389 Posts
To be fair with my car, the lighting made my car look more yellow than white haha!

But seriously Gamer, you should do it. I understand people saying keep it classy by keeping the original roof and bumper. However, looking at your car's current status and having a feel of your taste, you go for an overall more sporty look rather than an OEM look!

- I mean, you have 6000k HID instead of 4300k HID. Sportier look.

- You have a full Tuix kit and not just the fron lip. Sportier look.

- You have dual exhaust tips not just diffuser. Sportier look.

- You're switching out wheels to a sportier look right?

- Your car is lowered. Sportier

- And to me, the most convincing factor is: YOUR WINDSHIELD IS TINTED! :) The black going from tinted rear window to the roof, to the tinted side windows and tinted windshield will look super fly!

I do like your idea of wrapping first to see if you like it. But you know where I stand. Do it!!! :)

·
22,793 Posts
@Ghernandez: I'd consider your opinion on this as a "Sportier opinion!" LOL You do have a great point. And it very well may be "lights out" phenomenal looking.

I'm just glad it's not me agonizing over this mod for Ingrid. I lost countless hours of sleep worrying over, and pondering the purchase & install of a spoiler. I over-analyzed it to the point of ridiculousness. And, once I committed and it was on? WOW! Should have done it sooner. LOL (20/20 hindsight)

So, just do it, Gamer. If you're asking about and thinking about this mod, then some part of your brain is wanting to do this. The notion had to come from somewhere. It just hasn't convinced the other part of your brain to follow thru! ;)

Besides, you can always change your mind. Women are notorious for this...right Holly? :grin:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are all right! I'm going to order some black vinyl in the next week and wrap the bumper and roof to see if it sets well on me.

Any thoughts on the type of vinyl to use if I'm going with gloss black?

And yes, I have the 18x8 Enkei M52 wheels but just haven't put them on yet. :D

·
22,793 Posts
Can't wait to see this!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
@Ghernandez: I'd consider your opinion on this as a "Sportier opinion!" LOL You do have a great point. And it very well may be "lights out" phenomenal looking.

I'm just glad it's not me agonizing over this mod for Ingrid. I lost countless hours of sleep worrying over, and pondering the purchase & install of a spoiler. I over-analyzed it to the point of ridiculousness. And, once I committed and it was on? WOW! Should have done it sooner. LOL (20/20 hindsight)

So, just do it, Gamer. If you're asking about and thinking about this mod, then some part of your brain is wanting to do this. The notion had to come from somewhere. It just hasn't convinced the other part of your brain to follow thru! ;)

Besides, you can always change your mind. Women are notorious for this...right Holly? :grin:
Rich brought up another point.... You have a spoiler. And not just the smaller lip spoiler but a Superfdrift! Again, sportier taste. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think you should go with both options in black gloss. I might add that you should include painting on the front bumper fog light dimples all the way short a couple inches from where the center will be blacked out. That adds a nice look imho. Or you can go with the actual inserts but here is a pic to give you an idea of what I am talking about for the dimples:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whose car is that?
I like the stripes on the bottom of the doors, was that done with plastidip? Can I see some more shots of the side?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
The 2011 Elantra sedan was wondrous & original. The addition of a "hole in the front" in the coupe & hatchback, first, copied Mazda & Ford, & second, was change for change sake, that sacrificed Elantra.

·
22,793 Posts
^ Is that 3-wheeled vehicle in the background the new redesigned Citroen for 2014? :grin:

I'm not sure about the stripe on the side. It's unique and adds a certain flair to the styling. Just don't think it would work on mine. I have other things to consider, first...like trying to get off high-center about a rear diffuser. "Buy one, don't buy one...matt black, gloss black...maybe Shimmering White Metallic?"

Bianco's been after me for 15 months to do it, LOL. It used to be an issue of having to drill holes into the bumper of a brand new car. But after drilling 7 holes and installing the spoiler on the rear trunk lid, this diffuser dilemma pales in comparison.

What's a few more holes, right? :grin:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I did both and I'm extremely happy with it. I also installed the black fog light garnish (painted them gloss).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts