Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
I just swapped my 17" 2014 rims for a set of 2017 16" rims and tires (new take-off). Unbeknownst to me, my Elantra sensors transmit a 315 MHZ, later ones at 400-something MHZ. I took car to dealer to get the sensors 'matched to the car because my light was blinking. The mech kept asking why I thought that needed to be done. He told me it wasn't needed, that the car would recognise the sensor automatically. So, he cant get mine to read, says they are all bad. I take the car home, break down the tire, and notice thta th sensors are different in the newer wheels. So I ended up swapping my old ones into the new wheels, and problem solved.

Bottom line: Seems as long as your sensors are the 315MHZ ones, you should be fine. If for some reason it doesn't work, it only takes them about 10 minutes to go around the car reading the sensors. Hope that helps.

· Registered
914 Posts
I am actively looking for a new set that has the service kits.
I am finding a lot of factory new sets that dont have the service kits.
I can just buy the service kit separately if I know the right part number to look for.
Anyone know?
Ex: here is a set on ebay that does not have the service kit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TPMS-T...686356&hash=item20d24bac3c:g:XNoAAOSwY45UTmMO
That set on eBay is only missing the 'nut' part that actually holds the sensor/air valve in place. You can take that off your old ones without issue, according to the picture, the seal is already there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.