Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys with 2018 Limited series: Do those red reflectors on the back of the front doors ever light up?

I'm looking for a switched power source in the doors for projector-style puddle lamps. Even the low series Santa Fe's light up when the door is open so I'd think the Limited 2.0T would also.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I have an 18 Limited with the ultimate pkg and mine do not light either. I believe that the 18 turbo modell does, but not sure. Interesting that they light up on my wife’s 17 Limited. If you find a power source and figure it out, I would be interested in getting mine lit up as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cost cutting I guess. They light up on my 15 Limited as well. What will they think of next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. . . . I did see where Hyundai has a dealer add-on lamp kit but I can't justify the price. Maybe I can find the installation instructions for them and determine how they do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's also missing on my 2018 Limited 2.4L. How incredibly cheap for a higher trim level. No glove box light either. I had been spoiled by a string of Accords.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good Day,

I have a 2018 Limited 2.4L as well that when I found out that there was no glove box light I was taken back a bit. Then like the prior posts found out that the door lights are INOP as well, first thing I thought of was a buddy in about 1987 had them on his Celica. How can Hyundai cut out such little nice things that make life a bit easier and still keep loyal custmers?

This is my third Hyundai, XG300, 2008 Sonata Limited and now the 2018 Limited 2.4L. Maybe next time the glove-box and door lights will have to be part of the car negotiation on the price? (;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in the same spot with a 2.4 Limited. I couldn't believe they did that. There's even a spot for a glove box light. You can buy the glove box light for a prior year, but I can't see where it would plug in. Seems like the last car I had without a glove box light was a cheap Ford in the 1960's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You don't have door reflectors that light up? I thought that was mandated at this point. Seems odd that they would choose these things to decontent when it's just a a facelifted model. Meaning it was already designed and built for these things as standard .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts