Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

i just installed an aftermarket stereo in my accent and everything seems fine. i used the harness obviously but i do have one question. there was an orange wire coming off the harness that didn't match up with any of the stereo's wires so i ignored it at first and now everything seems ok. any ideas of what it does or what i'm missing?

oh also i'm looking to change my stock speakers. the doors are no problem but does anyone have any tips for the rear speakers? i have the hatchback so i'm guessing the rear seat needs to come out.

thanks

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Orange is for illumination. only used for radios that dim when the lights are turned on. not all aftermarket stereos have that.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
My JVC has it because it switches color schemes and brightness when you turn on the headlights... or at least it would if I hadn't fried my illumination wire system when I was experimenting with the fog light bypass mod LOL... now my interior dimmer switch doesnt work.. lights are always on full-bright (which is fine), and the rear defroster light doesn't work, but the defroster does. Add that to more reasons for why I will never sell this car hahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses. you've all set my mind at ease lol i have a sony xplod deck and i didn't see anywhere to use the orange wire. that solves that!

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,876 Posts
Just make sure the end is taped up so in the event there was any wire exposed it wouldn't rub up against metal and short out when the lights are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.