Hyundai Forums banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
97 Posts
Hopefully I will have the 62800R5000 part soon and can add a second successful installation. That said, I finally found a parts website that has a search option for the 2021 SF(though it isn't fully functioning), and it shows the R5000 part as having been replaced by the R5100 part, which Scott found to have not been a correct fit. The S2000 part comes up as being for the 2019 and 2020 models.

Spare Wheel Lift
I ran into this problem also using your parts source. I tried to order the R5000 part and skipped the part about supplying the VIN. A couple days later I got an email saying the order was on hold and asking for the VIN to ensure fitment. I tried a couple of 2021 VINS for SEL FWD models on their ordering page where you enter the VIN, all came back as invalid VIN. I got a 2020 VIN and that worked. Emailed that to the supplier but they responded and said the S2000 was the correct part. I’m hesitant to order it without knowing if the two parts are the same or if there’s a difference between the 2021 and 2020 models. I don’t want to get caught in my fib with a part that won’t fit a 2021. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran into this problem also using your parts source. I tried to order the R5000 part and skipped the part about supplying the VIN. A couple days later I got an email saying the order was on hold and asking for the VIN to ensure fitment. I tried a couple of 2021 VINS for SEL FWD models on their ordering page where you enter the VIN, all came back as invalid VIN. I got a 2020 VIN and that worked. Emailed that to the supplier but they responded and said the S2000 was the correct part. I’m hesitant to order it without knowing if the two parts are the same or if there’s a difference between the 2021 and 2020 models. I don’t want to get caught in my fib with a part that won’t fit a 2021. Any ideas?
I ran into the same problem. They do not recognize the 62800R5000 part as valid. They wanted to sell the 62800R5100 part as they do in KIA websites. I insisted in ordering the 62800R5000 part but had to agree that I would not be able to return the part if it doesn't fit. The part shipped so I should get it within a week and will report back with results.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD
88 Posts
The S2000 part is not valid, the 2020 is a different chassis than the 2021. The VIN number that I used is 5NMS44AL7MH315221 you may try that one. It is from a limited FWD. Do not let them send you the S2000 part, it will not work, the chassis are different between the 2021 and 2020 models and the parts will not line up. You could try a different Hyundai parts dealer online, I can send a link to one if you want me to and start fresh, the price will be similar.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited AWD, Stormy Sea
97 Posts
I ordered the R5000 part from Penywisexx's parts supplier, so hopefully that is what I will get. I didn't get any calls or emails asking for a VIN or to make any changes. Supposed to be here Friday and I will try to get going on the install right away so I can report back. Crazy stuff!

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 457414
It's Done!!!! I finally have a spare tire properly installed under my 2021 Santa Fe Limited AWD...all it took was about 2 months of trying to get the right parts and about 3 minutes of labor.

For those wondering- The Kia Part 62800-R5000 does not work- their system has updated it to part 62800-R5100, the incorrect part. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get 62800-R5000 from them. My neighbor has a 21 Sorento and the part is the same exact one as the Santa Fe...I tried his on my car and it fit perfectly. I took his VIN to the Kia dealer, they gave me the R5100 part number, I ordered the part and the wrong part came though the right part number (it's the right type of part just the wrong size and I'm out $200 now for it), I tried kia dealers online using the R5000 part number and they tried to send me the R5100 part number (one did but I returned it and was only out shipping). How do I know that the R5000 part number is the correct part number? The Hyundai part number is 62800R5000, I ordered it and it fits perfect. The MSRP for the part from Hyundai is $382, and most dealers will try to charge you that. I searched online and found the part for $258.33 plus shipping, the total came out to around $290. There are a few catches, the part places online don't want to sell you a part that wasn't installed on your car orignally and will ask you for your VIN number, they do this to prevent returns on parts that don't fit. I looked online and got the VIN number off of a 2021 FWD Santa Fe that my dealer was selling. If they ask why you need it you can tell them that you forgot to raise it after taking the spare off and it dragged on the ground or something. The parts place I used also require an adult 21+ to sign for the part for some reason, so you may want to have it shipped to your place of business if nobody is home to get it. I'll post links below.

Installation is easy- It's about a half dozen 12mm bolts, the bolts are already installed and can be taken down with a socket wrench. I had the bolts down and the Spare Tire Carrier up in about 2 minutes. Inside the rear of the car there is a rubber stopper that needs to be removed first. It's in the rear (smaller) right storage compartment, unscrew the small plastic plug and push the stopper out. After the carrier is installed you can screw the plastic plug back in with your fingers. View attachment 457415 View attachment 457416 View attachment 457417

For a spare tire I used ebay and purchased a spare tire from a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. Make sure whatever you use for a spare is within half an inch diameter of your OEM size tire. My 19" tires work perfect with the 17" 165/90/17 spare I purchased. Here's a tool to compare the diameters of tires Tire Size Comparison A wrecking yard can a good source for spare tires. Make sure you check the tire pressure on the spare when you put it up, they're often higher pressure than the factory tires. You can also use a full size spare if you want, in some markets the Santa Fe comes with a full size spare.

So here's a price breakdown of what this all cost me (ignoring the wrong parts I was stuck with and return shipping for items that didn't work)-

Spare tire carrier- $290
Spare tire- $121
Jack- $27
Lug Nut Wrench- $18
Total- $456

When Kia gets their parts straight the spare tire carrier will come down in price by about $100. You may be able to find the parts cheaper elsewhere. For the bottle jack I chose that one because it was one of the few that had enough ground clearance get the tire off the ground, there is an extension screw on the piston (unscrew the top) that must be used to raise the Santa Fe otherwise it's not tall enough. I also keep a few wood blocks in my car just in case I need an extra few inches under my jack. I keep the jack, along with a tire plug kit, tire iron and the fix a flat and compressor in the back end of the car in the large underfloor storage area.

Link to jack and lug nut wrench and a few other tire tools (vise grip pliers are for the tire plug kit) Check out my list on Amazon

Link to Spare Tire Carrier- It took about 3 days to ship, it's a real Hyundai Part from a Hyundai Dealer. 62800-R5000 - Carrier Assembly Spare Wheel - World OEM Parts Hyundai

Let me know if you have any questions! Remember if you google that part number and it goes to a Kia Dealer it'll likely take you to the r5100 version which will not fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
will The 2020 spare tire kit fit in the rear slot for the 2021? Also any reason a 2021 jack wouldn’t work?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's another successful installation of part 62800-R5000. Thanks @Penywisexx
Looks great. What size spare are you using? Is the over all diameter 29" can you get a shot of where the spare ends and the bumper starts. Trying to gauge how much clearance there is for full size spare tire and trailer hitch.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD
88 Posts
Looks great. What size spare are you using? Is the over all diameter 29" can you get a shot of where the spare ends and the bumper starts. Trying to gauge how much clearance there is for full size spare tire and trailer hitch.
The diameter of the spare is the same as the full size tires, in some markets a full size spare is standard. It won’t interfere with the Hyundai hitch, I have not heard of any aftermarket hitches being available yet for the 21, though I could be wrong. I wouldn’t worry about the hitch getting in the way of the spare, I’ve seen people with FWD Santa Fe’s have a hitch installed (with the spare standard and there have been no problems, you just need to lower the spare when installing the hitch.

Reactions: kiski

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am using a 155/90/18 size spare. 29 inch diameter. It has 2 inches+ clearance from the inner side of the bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy 20" - Hampton Gray / Black Nappa
3 Posts
Well my part 62800-R5000 for my Calligraphy 20" arrived this morning at 10:30am. I ended up ordering from Braman Hyundai Parts in Miami, FL, online last Wed, May 5, 2021. Their site used the standard Hyundai parts search database, and I used the number 62800-R5000 that @Penywisexx confirmed last week. I got a shipping confirmation the next day, but then the tracking number on my order never updated and said "Pending" all week. But I saw from FedEx Advanced Manager on Monday that I had a package coming from Braman, so I knew it was on the way. No one ever contacted me regarding my VIN I put in or anything about the part being superseded. So I had been crossing my fingers and holding my breath all week, just hoping the right part would come. And sure enough, today at 10:30am, FedEx was at my door, and when I opened up the big box with Hyundai logos and part numbers on it, there it was, the correct part! So I now have it all installed, along with the genuine Hyundai 17" aluminum spare rim and tire and Santa Fe jack kit I got off of eBay last week from vendor rv0761. I made him an offer on the spare rim/wheel, and he discounted the jack kit since I was already buying the spare, as well as free shipping on the jack kit, and he shipped it all in one big box. I was totally surprised when the box got here last weekend...I was sent the aluminum wheel and not the steel one that was pictured in the listing. So that was a bonus. I have the 20" wheels on my Calligraphy and they have an overall diameter of 29" This 17" wheel with the 90 sidewall spare tire has a diameter of 28.7". So that's only 0.3" difference. Anyway, I am going to attach some photos of what I've done here since they might be of some help to others wanting to add a spare tire and the lift carrier under their 2021 Santa Fe's. I spent $472, in all, to accomplish this. When I bought my Santa Fe on April 13, 2021, I tried to negotiate this, or half of the cost of the parts to make this happen, into the purchase of the car, and had the salesman run it by their parts department. They said it would cost $1,895. :rolleyes: Needless to say, that didn't happen! Anyway, add me to the list of another successful installation.

IMG_5403.jpg IMG_5401.jpg IMG_5400.jpg IMG_5408.jpg IMG_5411.jpg IMG_5405.jpg IMG_5410.jpg Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 2.20.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 2.32.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 2.38.09 PM.png

·
Registered
97 Posts
My parts came today, but unfortunately, UPS didn't arrive until we were headed to bed. The jack, wrench, and holder look like the right parts, but I will have to see if they work this weekend. The lift mechanism is the R5000, as ordered, so not expecting any trouble there. The lug wrench in this setup has a swivel head, instead of being a solid bent wrench with the flat screwdriver on the other end.

20210514_220946.jpg

20210514_210425.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
The swivel lug wrench you have is the newer design and comes with the '21 Santa Fe FWD that came with the spare. It's suppose to save a little weight, I can't speak for durability though compared to the traditional Lug wrench. Have you tested it to see if the jack can raise the Santa Fe high enough?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The swivel lug wrench you have is the newer design and comes with the '21 Santa Fe FWD that came with the spare. It's suppose to save a little weight, I can't speak for durability though compared to the traditional Lug wrench. Have you tested it to see if the jack can raise the Santa Fe high enough?
I have not had a chance to test the jack yet. Will tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy 20" - Hampton Gray / Black Nappa
3 Posts
will The 2020 spare tire kit fit in the rear slot for the 2021? Also any reason a 2021 jack wouldn’t work?
View attachment 457650

I have what looks to be the same jack carrier styrofoam piece, jack and tools, as you, that I got off of eBay last week. I'm not sure what year it came from, but I just put it in the back of my 2021 Calligraphy 20" yesterday, and it fits pretty well. The only thing, on the bottom, those 2 raised areas meant to "lock into" and align with each other don't. Not that big a deal, but I wanted to get it all the way down in case I ever want to lay the cargo cover in the future, out of the way, as it's supposed.So I just laid some tape on those 2 bump-outs, set the styrofoam down to mark the locations, and then trimmed the minimal styrofoam out carefully with a very sharp knife, and then it seemed to fit down in there pretty well. Here are a couple pics of it. I marked to show where the tape was and the small areas I had to cut out with a sharp knife, so it would sit fully down in there.
IMG_5409.jpg IMG_5410.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Installed everything today. Really blew my day spending all that 10 minutes, not including testing the jack, which was a huge time thief...haha! Everything went in fine. The styrofoam holder for the jack is definitely the correct part. Perfect fit. The jack also seems to be correct, though I only tested it on the rear, since it takes about a million years to crank it up and down. Even with a ratchet, it's quite a long process. The pic I am including is with the tire an inch or two off the floor, there is still some extension left in the jack. I did measure last night and the jack is about 16.25" when at the lowest point it is about 8.25" off the ground. The 255 tires on the Calligraphy would reduce that to about 7.5 inches. The folding lug wrench works fine for what it is, but I will definitely keep a ratchet, torque wrench, and good socket with me to make life easier should I need to do a tire change. Now to decide what to do with the inflator kit.

20210515_135244.jpg 20210515_144341.jpg 20210515_143426.jpg 20210515_141859.jpg 20210515_141702.jpg 20210515_144753.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installed everything today. Really blew my day spending all that 10 minutes, not including testing the jack, which was a huge time thief...haha! Everything went in fine. The styrofoam holder for the jack is definitely the correct part. Perfect fit. The jack also seems to be correct, though I only tested it on the rear, since it takes about a million years to crank it up and down. Even with a ratchet, it's quite a long process. The pic I am including is with the tire an inch or two off the floor, there is still some extension left in the jack. I did measure last night and the jack is about 16.25" when at the lowest point it is about 8.25" off the ground. The 255 tires on the Calligraphy would reduce that to about 7.5 inches. The folding lug wrench works fine for what it is, but I will definitely keep a ratchet, torque wrench, and good socket with me to make life easier should I need to do a tire change. Now to decide what to do with the inflator kit.

View attachment 457792 View attachment 457793 View attachment 457794 View attachment 457795 View attachment 457797 View attachment 457796
Hey Chuck, I might have missed it, what size wheel and tire are you using. Do you have a link for the wheel

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Chuck, I might have missed it, what size wheel and tire are you using. Do you have a link for the wheel
I thought I posted it here, but I guess not...

I just picked out the cheapest 17" wheel that was available at the time from Tire Rack and had them put a 235/65-17 Continental tire on it. Ordering it was a bit of a hassle due to legal things. I had to tell Tire Rack that I was running 17" wheels on the car already and that I would have a TPMS sensor put in once I received the wheel and tire. In hindsight, I probably should have just gotten a compact wheel and tire, but it will be fine. Eventually, once they become available used, I may change to a matching full size factory 19" wheel and tire. Here is the invoice.

FB_IMG_1621153119302.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought I posted it here, but I guess not...

I just picked out the cheapest 17" wheel that was available at the time from Tire Rack and had them put a 235/65-17 Continental tire on it. Ordering it was a bit of a hassle due to legal things. I had to tell Tire Rack that I was running 17" wheels on the car already and that I would have a TPMS sensor put in once I received the wheel and tire. In hindsight, I probably should have just gotten a compact wheel and tire, but it will be fine. Eventually, once they become available used, I may change to a matching full size factory 19" wheel and tire. Here is the invoice.

View attachment 457807
Hmmm, I have almost exact setup from tire rack in my cart except a little better tires then the cross contacts. Still trying to decide on that or getting 19" OEM from 2019/2020 Santa fe off of eBay and putting 255/50 R19 on them.

Third option is similar to your thinking, get a donut now and some OEM 20" in a year or so once they start becoming available used.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts