Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through lots of searching I was able to find out how to install my radio. In case it's helpful for anyone else here is what I learned:

correct wiring diagram:

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2008-hyundai-a...re-color-codes/

2008 Hyundai Accent Car Stereo Wire Color Codes

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Green
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black or Gray/Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Yellow
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Blue
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Located on the right side of the trunk cargo area, behind the plastic trim.
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green

This is needed to match up with the wires from the new radio. The above was correct, I saw a ton of different charts all over the web, hard to know what's what out there sometimes. This worked on my 2010 Accent.

Removing the old radio, or the empty trays if there's no radio, is easy. The entire plastic oval shaped area in the dash that surrounds the radio and a few other lights and stuff pops out. Use something thin and strong (I used a bayonette, hehe). Start in lower right corner, doesn't take much force. Once you can get your fingers under it, the rest pops off no problem.

From there just use a screwdriver. In my case the 4 front facing and easily accessible screws came right out. Splicing all the wires together was a major hassle. Worse was trying to get the radio in the slot so it will look good. Mine (Alpine/$150) fit without any special attachments or kits. Just needed to buy some crimp caps, or could have soldered the wires.

In retrospect it may have been worth the $100 to have the dealer do it, but now I have the knowledge :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
OR you could have spent $10 on the wiring harness adaptor from your favourite car audio store and preserved your dash harness integrity. Then theres no research required you match colours from your stereo harness to the adaptor harness and its complete...

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (berserko @ Sep 27 2010, 03:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359066
OR you could have spent $10 on the wiring harness adaptor from your favourite car audio store and preserved your dash harness integrity. Then theres no research required you match colours from your stereo harness to the adaptor harness and its complete...
Trying to find such adaptor for My Accent 05 and a new Kenwood deck. Any advice where can I see?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had the wiring harness for the 06 accent.  But now I have a 2010.  Much different harness.  I saw that bloodninja put up a topic with it in there, but I don't know where to order it from.  You guys know?

And alenat, I found yours on Ebay.  Here it is: 2005 Hyundai Accent Wiring Harness

It's a buy it now thing, so you don't have to deal with bids, and it's only $5 with free shipping.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think I found it.  The 2009 one fits the 2010 one right? If so, I just found it on ebay.

This is it, right? 

It says it fits the 2009 accent, but then it says it just fits the sonata.

Haha.  I'm such an ebay junkie. :D

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Oct 15 2010, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363676
I think I found it.  The 2009 one fits the 2010 one right? If so, I just found it on ebay.

This is it, right? 

It says it fits the 2009 accent, but then it says it just fits the sonata.

Haha.  I'm such an ebay junkie. :D
If the picture is correct, that looks like the one to me.

You're also probably going to want the antenna adapter, unless you want no functioning radio.
http://retailer2.installationexcellence.co...ehicleid=224431

1 - 11 of 11 Posts