Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 SFS is due for its third oil change. I currently have 3,042 miles, so I average about a 1,000 miles between oil/filter changes which are required every 6 months.
I have always performed my own oil/filter changes for the past 53 years. I'm considering purchasing a Hyundai oil filter at a Hyundai dealer and continue to do my own oil/filter changes and posting the receipts on the MyHyundai website.

Any thoughts/opinions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have always purchased my filters from the dealership - keeping everything as OEM as possible. Keep accurate records, receipts of when you performed the service, what you did, etc. That way, should any warranty work need to be done, or if anything happens, you will have records to prove work done on your Santa Fe.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My 2018 SFS is due for its third oil change. I currently have 3,042 miles, so I average about a 1,000 miles between oil/filter changes which are required every 6 months.
I have always performed my own oil/filter changes for the past 53 years. I'm considering purchasing a Hyundai oil filter at a Hyundai dealer and continue to do my own oil/filter changes and posting the receipts on the MyHyundai website.

Any thoughts/opinions?
No problem your covered under the (Magnoson Moss Warranty Act) Just make sure You keep all Your receits for proof oil/filter was done using the correct viscosity oil & filter i would not cheap out on using mineral oil Just because its not worth it & from what i have seen more bad than anygood if you ask me. (personally i would never use it on any vehicle) use ONLY a Quality synthetic oil like Pennzoil,mobile1 on the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts