Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Santa Fe LWB world and have some questions about DIY routine maintenance:

1. What are the OEM part numbers for the oil filter, cabin filter, and air filter? The various Hyundai online part sites I was able to find don't seem to have 2013 info in their online databases yet.

2. Due to the length of the factory warranty, I was wondering about record keeping to ensure there aren't any issues with Hyundai for future warranty service. For my other cars, I typically buy about 6 oil filters at a time and stock up on oil when it is a good deal. I also have a stash of extra cabin & air filters on hand that I would have bought in advance.

So how do you document things like DIY oil changes if you have all of the materials on hand for 1-2 years worth of maintenance? What about things that are 100% labor like tire rotations? Any thoughts from those of you that do this and have dealt with Hyundai for warranty claims would be even better. B)

·
Registered
538 Posts
#2 To help out a fellow New Englander, the attached is a partial picture of how I document the services/fill-ups I perform on my cah. Showed it to the Serv. Mgr. at my dealership in Westboro and he seemed impressed.

Hope this helps.

GO SOX! Worst to first!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#2 To help out a fellow New Englander, the attached is a partial picture of how I document the services/fill-ups I perform on my cah. Showed it to the Serv. Mgr. at my dealership in Westboro and he seemed impressed.

Hope this helps.

GO SOX! Worst to first!
Ha! I keep a similar spreadsheet for my vehicles, but I'm working under the assumption that Hyundai isn't necessarily going to be impressed with that if my engine seizes up and I'm pushing for them to foot the bill for a warranty replacement. :D

I've had similar discussions with the service department at my local Honda dealer though. More than once I've asked for certain items to be done and they ask, "Why do you want to do that?". My answer is typically, "because the manual says so". I even had one guy tell me that I was the only customer he ever met that actually read the manual.

BTW, what is your impression of Herb Chambers Hyundai in Westboro? I didn't end up buying from them, but they were actually one of the dealers that was pretty aggressive with pricing via email.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts