Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I want to try create/costumize my own ISO adapters, but I'm having a hard time finding a kit or the correct pins and housings for the job...

- it could be the ISO adapters for the radio head unit I would like to work on, but I can't find the correct pins and housings for it. I know that others have created correct adapters like Axxess etc, but I would like to try and do it myself.

Do any of you know what to look for, or where to look??

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
I don't understand what it is your trying to do....or why? You can buy ISO adapters off the shelf. Why would you want to create your own?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand what it is your trying to do....or why? You can buy ISO adapters off the shelf. Why would you want to create your own?
Because they are often overpriced, and I am having a hard time finding the correct types. When I do find it, I can then often only order from the US, which is quite costly...

This time I also want to add factory mic to the headunits adapter ISO, a 3.5mm jack into headunit, and then + and - into the adapter pin no 10 and 22. But I dont have the correct mini or micro pin type, so therefore I need these also.

My thought is, that it would be much easier to have a kit of some sort, also if I f*** up the ISO housing for some reason, then I could just replace it...

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
Sorry, I still don't know what your trying to do. Convert something to ISO or convert ISO to something else?
Is it terminals for the ISO connectors you need or the Hyundai harness connectors?

There are plenty of cheap ISO adapters on e'bay. It would be cheaper to buy a few of those and extract the terminals from them than buy the connector housings and terminals as a kit of parts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is true, I will give you that...

Can you maybe help me to point out what type of pins that are used in the radio harness adapters (male and female), so I can order these on eBay, Amazon etc.?
- That would be a big help to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts