Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have written a Do It Yourself article on how to change rear drum brakes on a Getz and replace them with disc ones. Everything is explained there in English from parts needed to refurbishing and assembly. You can find the article on Slovenian Hyundai Club forums: HERE!

A quick preview:

Best regards Getz owners,

Janez

PS: moderators, you can pin this thread if you want.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello! :clap: I 'm happy that your mod went well! And you have done a remarkable job with the painting and of course with the DIY manual :thumbsup: . Now, go enjoy your braking... :460:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi I have a Hyundai getz 1.3 year 2005 and I have a noise coming from what I suspect is the rear brake shoes but I am not sure. I want to take the wheels off and remove the drums, check the shoes for wear etc and then refit them. Can you tell me how easy this is to do and how I go about any special problems i may face, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (alien-w @ Jun 29 2007, 04:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=94934
Hi,

I have written a Do It Yourself article on how to change rear drum brakes on a Getz and replace them with disc ones. Everything is explained there in English from parts needed to refurbishing and assembly. You can find the article on Slovenian Hyundai Club forums: HERE!

A quick preview:

Best regards Getz owners,

Janez

PS: moderators, you can pin this thread if you want.
Hi Janez,
How is the performance after you swap to disc brake? How much better grip then drum brake?
Does it affect the ABS after Swap?

Where to buy the used disc brake system, still available ? Please advice

Thanks un advance

Mr C K Tan
Singapore

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Dokie: the dismantling process is pretty starightforward. Remove the wheels, remove the drum and you have acess to internals. But I don't think you will be able to do much there. It is a typical Getz problem with knocking sound. You can try and clean everything (buy a special solution for cleaning brakes), but it is possible this won't help.

ckhps: well the breaking is marginally better. The handbrake is deffinitely much better, but the main breaking itself didn't change much. Maybe a little, but I can't say. It is mainly for the looks and the handbrake, which in crazy!

Regards,
Janez

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow,,a very detailed diy..its definitely what im looking for..tnx for the post..i hope someone would post a diy for distributor rotor repair.. :gitara: :banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am driving my Getz 1.5, 2007 model. I really feel happy and comfortable while driving it. Hyundai.... the roadrashers...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can everybody update the post with some pictures about it

·
Registered
648 Posts
OK after search by hours, I finaly found the pictures :D . Mr alien-w with your permission :mellow:

·
Registered
648 Posts
One more coment, the 2007 accent rear disc brakes will be works. I seach by part number posted here.
2x H 58411 - 1C800 (discs);
1x H 58300 - 1C800 (left caliper);
1x H 58300 - 1C800 (right caliper);
1x H 58310 - 1C800 (left hub and hand brake parts);
1x H 58410 - 1C800 (right hub and hand brake parts);
2x hand brake wire;
2x custom made braking hoses

You can check by yourself here https://www.globalhyundaiparts.com/oem-hyundai-parts.html :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts