Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I forgot the Santa Fe has an all red assembly. My VC has an amber plate in front of the bulb. I'm disappointed with the light from the LED on a clear sunny day. It can hardly be seen. I should be getting the reds by the end of the week. Hopefully they will work and be bright enough. Maybe then, I'll order some amber's.
Try VLEDs.com. They offer state-of-the-art LED systems and have been on the forefront of technology. They create their own products. They don't simply source garbage from China and turn it around to the US market. I have been running their LED bulbs for years and am totally impressed. I have their 5,000K LEDs in my fogs currently and they are blinding. These are the only bulbs I'll personally purchase. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks for the link, however, some of their LED's may be made in China as well as they look identical to the ones that I purchased for lower prices from US eBay sellers. The high end bulbs look amazing but are out of my price range.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
00000 - YouTube

I have added a link to a YouTube video of the LED tail lights in action. You can see that they are brighter and warmer but not quite as yellow as the video indicates. They seem to compliment the centre brake light well. Please excuse the dirty vehicle. The City of Toronto is trying to use up their supply of road salt before year end.

·
Registered
140 Posts
00000 - YouTube

I have added a link to a YouTube video of the LED tail lights in action. You can see that they are brighter and warmer but not quite as yellow as the video indicates. They seem to compliment the centre brake light well. Please excuse the dirty vehicle. The City of Toronto is trying to use up their supply of road salt before year end.
I've never realized that the taillights on the hatch don't illuminate HI when the brake is depressed. Yet another, "Why did they use 1157 (Hi/Low)?" moment...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The 1157 has two filaments and the lower brightness higher resistive one is used for the running lights only.

·
Registered
289 Posts
guys I wanted to post this, for those of you not wanting to install resistors this is the route for you! I have used these on my optima and will be using them on my SFS! This is a buddy of mine that sells bulbs for the Optima but these will fit on our SFS, follow the link, these are error free LED turn signals. If you guys need any LED advice David at K5 is the guy to go to, hes got great customer support
K5 Optima Store - Error/Resistor Free Rear (1156) LED Turn Signal Bulbs

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Thanks for the link. These look like they would work quite well as well but they are more expensive than the CREE based bulbs that I purchased and they may run hotter. I bought 4 resistors on eBay for $8 and they are easy to install. This is an excellent choice for those who don't want to install resistors. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
140 Posts
guys I wanted to post this, for those of you not wanting to install resistors this is the route for you! I have used these on my optima and will be using them on my SFS! This is a buddy of mine that sells bulbs for the Optima but these will fit on our SFS, follow the link, these are error free LED turn signals. If you guys need any LED advice David at K5 is the guy to go to, hes got great customer support

These bulbs look nearly identical to the bulbs we discussing earlier in the thread - good to hear they worked on you're Optima.

In regards to your reply:

I guess I have to specify that with Canbus bulbs there are no EXTERNAL heat sinks required, since they are built into the bulb (RE: image attached). Thus, you wouldn't really have to worry about finding a place to put them within the housing or drilling holes in the dust cap.

·
Registered
289 Posts
These bulbs look nearly identical to the bulbs we discussing earlier in the thread - good to hear they worked on you're Optima.
Yup! Just wanted to put the word out about these. Its hard to find a reliable vendor with great pricing, warranty, and customer service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
289 Posts
Now they are going on my SFS. Just took it home today, will be going to all LEDs including tail lights and 6000k hid kit. Can't wait

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
***Update***

I received the eBay Cree bulbs on Friday and installed them later that evening. I'm happy to report that they worked beautifully! After installation, 3rd brake light did not come on. I did had one small issue that had to do with the wiring going into the stock socket. I had to sacrifice one of the "decoder" harnesses and splice out the box. After applying some bulb grease, no further problems.

Looks like I'll be getting some amber 1156s and 1157s for the rear and the front...

Many thanks to everyone for their input! :liebe011:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
I installed the rear amber LED bulbs tonight. I installed resistors across the signal light wires as you can see in the photos. I am very happy with the results as now I have red lenses with yellow signal lights. (The tailgate lens is dirty BTW.)

LENS 1.jpg

LENS 2.jpg

LED 1.jpg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I purchased similar bulbs from "Super Bright LED's" and I was not happy with the brightness as they outputted only about a third compared to the other LED's that I purchased. I ended up returning them.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why are you guys messing with the factory harness when all you need to do is swap out the flasher relay. I have done it on my Lexus IS and I will be applying the appropriate led flasher relay to my 2014 sfs 2.0T. I read this whole thread and you all made it more complicated. Why would anyone want to cut in or tap into the factory harness. Anyhow i have purchased all my bulbs from Amazon seller JDM Astar and will be going through the relay boxes to find the flasher relay and swap it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why are you guys messing with the factory harness when all you need to do is swap out the flasher relay. I have done it on my Lexus IS and I will be applying the appropriate led flasher relay to my 2014 sfs 2.0T. I read this whole thread and you all made it more complicated. Why would anyone want to cut in or tap into the factory harness. Anyhow i have purchased all my bulbs from Amazon seller JDM Astar and will be going through the relay boxes to find the flasher relay and swap it out.
Please give us more info on this! Take some pictures and post! Thank you

81 - 100 of 112 Posts