Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to continue on from this thread:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-y...isable-chime-seatbelt-key-ding-ding-ding.html

After doing this mod, I noticed at night that the red flashing was really bothering me when looking at my MPH.

If you do this mod while disabling the chime speaker, it's only about another 2-3 minutes. Otherwise you just need to remove the gauge cluster again.

But this time you don't need to remove the white plastic piece with the white tabs.

This time remove the front gauge cluster with the black tabs:

once front cover is off:

next you will need a small flathead or a pick tool like shown:

you need to gently pop up in these corners, you will not need to use force. you might not even need a tool if your nails are long enough just pull on the corners and it will pop up

now you can see which indicator you want to 'black out'

what i did was take some black electrical tape (about 1-1 1/2" off the roll and fold it up; doesn't matter how you fold it up) and wedge it inside the little square to cover the led. i also used a black permanent marker on the backside of the cover that was removed just in case any light tried to come through

once all done, re-assemble gauge cluster and plug the harness back in the gauge cluster. test to make sure no light is coming through before you put the screws and the panel back in.

all done!

·
Registered
650 Posts
cant believe someone went through all this work just so they won't see a light flash. Maybe wear a seat belt?

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
this is a DIY for anyone who wanted to do it. im not making anyone do it. it is their choice and if someone went through the trouble to disable the chime, i'm sure they don't want the light either.

cant believe someone went through all this work just so they won't see a light flash. Maybe wear a seat belt?
"all this work"? lol i didn't even get my hands dirty doing this!

why don't you say that to the original post that disabled the seat chime? i just added to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts