Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fog lamp

Hello
Maybe someone knows how to remove the fog lamps. I can not find anywhere even to replace the bulb you need to go to the dealer.
I am planning to mount LED's

·
Registered
48 Posts
fog lamp removal

To remove the fog lamp housing you would need to remove the entire front fascia to get access. To just change the bulb (I upgraded to 6000K bulbs today) you can remove the bottom skidplate under the car and under each side of the front bumper. It is held on by 4 tabs each. took me 5 minutes to change both fog light bulbs and reinstall these skid plates.

·
Registered
423 Posts
To remove the fog lamp housing you would need to remove the entire front fascia to get access. To just change the bulb (I upgraded to 6000K bulbs today) you can remove the bottom skidplate under the car and under each side of the front bumper. It is held on by 4 tabs each. took me 5 minutes to change both fog light bulbs and reinstall these skid plates.
what did you replace them with? The factory ones seem pretty good...

·
Registered
15 Posts
What was the bulb type:
a: headlight
b: foglight

Everyone keeps posting the darn link to sylvania's fit page, but guess what, the 2013 SF isnt on it. I have two conflicting bulb types found, H7 per the forum or H13 per advanced auto parts. Looking to simply drop some Silverstar Ultra's in to more closely match the LED accent color and get more light. The HID conversion would require drilling a hole in the back of the sealed cap for the headlights, and I'm not quite ready to make that change.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just noticed this post, seeing what people had to say about their SFS, as mine is 3 weeks old now...
Just FYI, there is another post that shows/states there are two small access panels on the bottom of the front bumper assembly to get to the fog lights. Easy 20 min swap for both lights... which are H8's.
ALSO - the low beams are not H7's, they are H11's. There is a type-o in the manual.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think we need a sticky on one headlight or bulb thread. We end up with so many. It would also be nice to have one thread where all the proper information can live so that I can stop :wallbash: every time someone starts talking about white fog lights and blue halogen bulbs!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think we need a sticky on one headlight or bulb thread. We end up with so many. It would also be nice to have one thread where all the proper information can live so that I can stop :wallbash: every time someone starts talking about white fog lights and blue halogen bulbs!
+1 !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello Forum

I change my SF 2013 Fog light without remove the front bumper cover.

Here a way how to do it.

1. Remove the wheels
2. Remove the plastic bolds (see pics)
3. Remove (partial) the fender inner cover
4.1. Remove the clip wire/conector of oem fog Bulb
4.2. Turn right the bulb and is out
4.3. Do the same backwards

Very easy

Here a sequence of photos and the final result :D

Fogs Lights installed: PIAA Plasma ION Yellow H8

Sorry that some pictures are blurry or my SF dirty, it is rainy and hurricane season here.

PD: My SF was made in Korea (model/version)

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very nice write up. Could you also post a night shot of the fog lights ON along with the headlights? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very nice write up. Could you also post a night shot of the fog lights ON along with the headlights? Thanks for sharing.
Thanks

Yep. tomorrow i post the pic

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Don't have to remove wheels to change bulb!

Hello Forum

I change my SF 2013 Fog light without remove the front bumper cover.

Here a way how to do it.

1. Remove the wheels
2. Remove the plastic bolds (see pics)
3. Remove (partial) the fender inner cover
4.1. Remove the clip wire/conector of oem fog Bulb
4.2. Turn right the bulb and is out
4.3. Do the same backwards

Very easy

Here a sequence of photos and the final result :D

Fogs Lights installed: PIAA Plasma ION Yellow H8

Sorry that some pictures are blurry or my SF dirty, it is rainy and hurricane season here.

PD: My SF was made in Korea (model/version)
Whoaaa....seems like alot of work to get to a bulb. Unless the Korean SFS is different from the NA LWB (hard to tell from pics), you don't need to go to this much trouble just to change a bulb. Removal of the front bumper is required only if you are going to change the entire fog light assembly.

On my LWB, you just need to remove a few plastic retaining clips on the cover underneath the car...there is one cover on the left and one on the right. Then you can pull the cover back to get your hand up and reach the fog bulb to remove/install. you may have to loosen the screw on the inside of the fender...cannot recall. But no need to remove the wheels or the rest.

Anyway, at least you got the job done.

·
Registered
135 Posts
lol I changed my foglight bulbs in a grand total of 5 minutes without removing ANYTHING but two screws on the covers (didn't even remove the covers, I just took a pair of screws out of each and pulled them back enough to get my arm up there).

·
Registered
103 Posts
lol I changed my foglight bulbs in a grand total of 5 minutes without removing ANYTHING but two screws on the covers (didn't even remove the covers, I just took a pair of screws out of each and pulled them back enough to get my arm up there).
Yep. you can do it that way

But I did it in a detailed way for those who do not know how to do

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here at night

Attachments

1 - 20 of 133 Posts