Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 iload does not have a factory alarm so, if you lock the vehicle with the remote (and leave a window open for this test) you can open a door and nothing happens. I wanted to know if it is possible to fit a diy alarm that is armed and disarmed using the factory remote? The trigger can be the door switches (I don’t need/want motion) so wiring it will be easy but I will need some sort of existing output from the wiring loom to arm/disarm Any ideas advice?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,339 Posts
Try this...sit in the van and lock the doors using the remote. Now try to start the engine using the key.
Does the engine crank? If not you could maybe use ETAC/BCM output to the starter inhibit relay to arm your alarm.

I don't have any info specifically for the iLoad but a lot of Hyundai models inhibit the starter motor when the doors are locked by remote.
What happens is the ETAC/BCM outputs a ground to a "Burglar Alarm Relay" which opens the starter motor control circuit preventing the engine from cranking. You could maybe splice into that ground and use it as an arm signal for your alarm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts