Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a video on YouTube (CFL Genesis Club) in which someone
exchanged the stock air filter with a K&N cone filter. Just wondering if there are
any 2013 Elantra owners that can vouch and verify that this DIY project is safe and useful. Also, what are the dimensions of the cone filter. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just wondering if it actually made a big enough
difference. And I never found out the actual dimensions required for our Elantra.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
nah, just more sound if anything. The full K&N kit only claims 2whp, so its not much. I just did it for the sound tbh.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So would you recommend getting a K&N air filter or the cone filter would be just fine?

·
Registered
911 Posts
You really should decide for yourself.

1 K&N doesn't really give any performance benefits.

2 Trade off is cost over filtration.

The K&N costs more to pruchase but is reusable for life. Factor in the cost of oil after each cleaning.

The Hyundai paper filter costs less but has to be replaced and does a better job of filtration. Also easier to just replace and throw away old filter.

Pay your money and make your choice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd recommend it if you want more sound during acceleration, other than that, OEM is fine.
Do you feel any lost of deceleration with the cone because of it drawing the hot air in your engine instead of getting it from the bottom like the stock one does?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Do you feel any lost of deceleration with the cone because of it drawing the hot air in your engine instead of getting it from the bottom like the stock one does?
Nope. Theres a pipe that goes to it that draws in cold air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts