Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2015 Sonata Eco with tech package. I'm coming from a dieselgate Passat. It was amazing the fuel mileage that Passat was able to achieve with a little EPA cheating. I'm hoping the Sonata will be able to give me some good fuel mileage numbers.

I like to monitor my fuel mileage while I'm driving. I always hand calculate the fuel mileage tank-to-tank but also like to see what the trip computer shows for fuel economy. In the Passat, in addition to instantaneous and tank fuel mileage, it would show trip fuel economy. That is, the fuel mileage since the engine was last started. In the Sonata, I can see how to show the instantaneous and tank fuel mileage, but is there any way to have the trip computer show the trip fuel mileage? I notice that when I turn the engine off, it will show the trip fuel mileage for a moment. I'm looking for a way to show the trip fuel mileage while I'm driving.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes - ScanGage II or UltraGauge. Either one counts "engine off" event as "end of trip".
If you plan on calculating fuel economy based on trip odometer, do yourself a favor and calculate the offset for the odometer. You will find it's about 2-1/2% low. That means your calculated mpg will be 2.5% below actual. The UG allows entry of that offset so its mpg and other trip numbers will be accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts