Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else has been sorely disappointed with being able to see inside the trunk at night, an easy fix is to install LED lights.

For around $18 shipped to the house from China I ordered two LED lights. Each light case has 12 LEDs and is on a pivot bracket. The cases are about 5" long, 1 1/2" wide, and 2" deep. The existing trunk light is just rear of a a recessed track in the trunk ceiling. The track traverses most of the width. I mounted both in the track, one light to the left and one to the right. I snaked the wiring through existing holes in the ceiling metal, unplugged the existing light connector, wrapped the new light wires over the existing fixture connector blades and through the holes in the blades, then slid the connector back together capturing the new wires. Works great, and I can pivot the lights front to rear as needed. They protrude down maybe 1" into the main compartment when pointing down. If I ever have to really fill the trunk, I will simply pivot them all the way forward (flat) up in the recess and they're essentially up out of the way.

Much improved, I can now see the contents of the trunk at night. Link to the lights: http://www.sourcingmap.com/white-led-car-t...ht-p-51043.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts