Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a Limited addition Sonata. It is truly a great car for the price--BUT--there are some things this car should have that my mid range Kia sportage has as standard equipment.

my o my----no glove box light---a shame on a car at this level

trunk light is not a bright LCD---but---a cheap low wattage regular yellow light.

where are the fog lights?

the exhaust should be duel not that lousey looking double exhaust

front mirror lights not bright enough---again----should be lcd

the trunk should auto close

The Kia K5 I am looking at---midlevel----has all that plus all wheel drive for les than 30K

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
My wife has a Limited addition Sonata. It is truly a great car for the price--BUT--there are some things this car should have that my mid range Kia sportage has as standard equipment.

trunk light is not a bright LCD---but---a cheap low wattage regular yellow light.

The Kia K5 I am looking at---midlevel----has all that plus all wheel drive for les than 30K
yah, i traded our heads up for all of that. and they threw in ventilated seats. and power passenger seat. what the heck is front mirror lights? we got headlights, and reading lights, and convenience lights, why mirror lights? i guess you like looking at your face. i'd rather have the 360 camera view. did i mention the nice leather seats?

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited 1.6T
24 Posts
With my 2021 Limited............. While I would like fog lights and a dual exhaust, the things mentioned (vent seats, power passenger, etc.) are a must for me. Trunk light - I don't really care, but an easy and cheap fix if you need more light.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
With my 2021 Limited............. While I would like fog lights and a dual exhaust, the things mentioned (vent seats, power passenger, etc.) are a must for me. Trunk light - I don't really care, but an easy and cheap fix if you need more light.
Same here! Really don't care about the light in the trunk.

·
Registered
2021 Phantom Black Sonata N-Line
80 Posts

If those things mattered, then you should have looked closely before purchasing. No need to complain after the fact.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
164 Posts
To each their own, but I love my Limited.

Lights are a simple swap to LED bulbs, planning to do that myself here soon. I've no desire for a dual exhaust if it's just for looks. And to be honest I really wouldn't want to hear what this 1.6 sounds like with a louder exhaust lol. Glove box light is inconsequential, just turn on the overhead light. Fog lights I can see if you live in a place that sees frequent fog, but cosmetically the car looks fine imo. Auto-close trunk isn't something I've ever wanted, it's faster to close by hand.

Honestly I'd prefer all of the creature comforts of my Limited over any of those features. I was seriously considering the K5 before my Sonata, but the K5 has no digital gauge cluster so that was an immediate turn off for me. Plus the orange DRLs are bleh.

·
Registered
159 Posts
no unlock sensors on all 4 doors. but for whatever reason HKG doesn't have that on even the gv80.. even though every other manufacture has that.

no auto unlock/lock when walking away or to the car.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
240 Posts
I traded my 2017 Sonata 2.0T Limited that had been T-boned with $12,000 worth of repairs for my 2021 N Line. Only one regret/dislike in that there is no memory driver seat adjustment. The 290HP engine driving the 8 speed wet dual clutch transmission is a great tradeoff.

·
Registered
22 Tuscan SEL ;21 Sonata N Line
320 Posts
I traded my 2017 Sonata 2.0T Limited that had been T-boned with $12,000 worth of repairs for my 2021 N Line. Only one regret/dislike in that there is no memory driver seat adjustment. The 290HP engine driving the 8 speed wet dual clutch transmission is a great tradeoff.
Yeah the transmission I love.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Anybody try waxing all the nooks of that grill yet??? Dislike!
yah, it is a chore. the elantra has a similar one, but the openings are larger, so it is not as bad. it takes several minutes just for the grille, and it does get dirty fast

·
Registered
71 Posts

A mild dislike with my 2021 Limited sonata is:
While great headlighst ahead and a wide beam; ut in a picth dark night, in a town without any street lighting, the headlighs dont help making a right turn. The directionals video camera is too dim at night. The left hand turn and straight ahead is terrific. But it needs one cornering light aimed at the right curb only.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata 1.6T Limited, Stormy Sea w/ tan interior & 2021 Palisade Limited, Burgundy w/ beige int.
221 Posts
I would like dual exhaust but the low end torque on my Limited is great enough for me to no longer care. As with the Telluride, the yellow/amber DRLs on the K5 are a huge turnoff. I truly can't stand the sight. Also hearing that the K5 does not have a digital instrument cluster is a definite detriment for me. I was baffled by the lack of a glovebox light, but that is not nearly important enough for me to care. I changed the license plate lights and reverse lights... it makes ZERO sense that those were no already LEDs when the headlights and tails are nice bright LEDs. I changed the trunk light to a blue LED strip. Looks cool at night. LOL. I have yet to change the vanity mirror lights to LEDs, and that is probably because I hardly ever use the mirror. Conversely, our Palisade vanity lights are already LEDs.

On both the Sonata and the Palisade, I think the reverse lights are too low on both vehicles. Due to their positioning, they should have been bright LEDs from the factory!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Frankly, I'm rather stunned that at this price point it's missing some ambient lighting in areas.

My Mustang had ambient lighting in the cup holders, (though I bought some cup holder lights from Amazon to "fix" this in my Limited), footwells, and door handles, which the Limited doesn't have with its ambient lighting.

Also, while the window, mirror setting, etc door buttons are lit up, again, unlike the Mustang, they don't match the ambient lighting color I've set, they're just always a soft white glow. I suppose I could change my color from the darker blue color to white to fix that "problem" though, lol.

Not a deal breaker by far, and just a little nit pick, because I'm absolutely loving the car... I've only owned it for a week so far though.

But the question was, "Dislikes."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts