Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I found this forum very helpful and because of that thought to put my question.

I am planning to buy new Hyundai I-20 Comfort modal (1.2 Petrol Engine) in Electric Green colour. I am getting online quotation for it having good discount of around 7-10%. But I am not comfortable in buying online and because of that thinking to buy it from local dealer in London.

I would like to know how much discount you have received from your dealer on Hyundai I-20.

Your answers will be very helpful for me while doing price negotiation.

Thanks
AP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi AP.

We were looking at buying one last month.

Dealer offered us 5500 for our (beloved) i10.

We were looking for an i20 Comfort and wanted the new model (see my other topic), list price 10500 + 300
so list price would be 5300 to upgrade.

He claimed the lowest he could go was 4800, meaning £500 (or approximately 10% discount ON THE DIFFERENCE, only 5% discount on the i20's list price)

However this was complicated by the fact that he offered to pay for our first i10 service if it needed it before we got the new car. Which is worth £100-£200 depending on who you ask.

I got several quotes from several online shops and they all offered around 4500 for the i10. I don't think it's a con in that respect because they do go through 3rd parties to get the part ex quotes and so it's not really part exchange.

But this meant that it was barely cheaper to go down this route and in most cases you would end up with a previous owner on the V5 as the websites get the discount by buying the cars as fleet sales.

In any case, we didn't buy. Decided i10+roofbox was the more practical option until baby #2 comes along!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Samwheel @ Jun 2 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328920
Hi AP.

We were looking at buying one last month.

Dealer offered us 5500 for our (beloved) i10.

We were looking for an i20 Comfort and wanted the new model (see my other topic), list price 10500 + 300
so list price would be 5300 to upgrade.

He claimed the lowest he could go was 4800, meaning £500 (or approximately 10% discount ON THE DIFFERENCE, only 5% discount on the i20's list price)

However this was complicated by the fact that he offered to pay for our first i10 service if it needed it before we got the new car. Which is worth £100-£200 depending on who you ask.

I got several quotes from several online shops and they all offered around 4500 for the i10. I don't think it's a con in that respect because they do go through 3rd parties to get the part ex quotes and so it's not really part exchange.

But this meant that it was barely cheaper to go down this route and in most cases you would end up with a previous owner on the V5 as the websites get the discount by buying the cars as fleet sales.

In any case, we didn't buy. Decided i10+roofbox was the more practical option until baby #2 comes along!

Hi Samwheel,

Thanks for your reply.

I had word with my local Hyundai dealer and he was giving me discount of £500 initially but I was already getting discount of £750 from some other dealer. I told the same to local dealer and now he is ready to give me discount of £750 which means new I20 Comfort 1.2 petrol 5 door will cost me £9750.

But my local dealer told me that Hyundai is going to launch new version of I20 (probably next month which is I20 2010.5 MY Comfort) and I think this version will be Euro 5 compliant. Though it will cost me £300 more but I am not sure if I will get the discount of £750 on this also. I am trying to find out regarding the discount on new version and excepted due date for the same from other dealers.

Thanks
AP

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gatwick-Hyundai gave me £1500 off a new i20 Edition.
My partX vehicle was a 15 year old VW Polo.
( The VW garage would only give us £300 in partX).

Lester

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have been offered an I20 1.2 Comfort with metallic for our 52 reg Honda Civic plus £7,500.

The CAP book price of the Honda is £2,100 with 69k miles so with 28k and in near mint condition is probably a £2,500 car giving a saving of about £895.

That was without any haggling so we said £6,500. They wouldnt budge so looking / hoping for a call off them this week at £7,000 and they have got a sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (berrygate @ Jul 5 2010, 10:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338912
We have been offered an I20 1.2 Comfort with metallic for our 52 reg Honda Civic plus £7,500.

The CAP book price of the Honda is £2,100 with 69k miles so with 28k and in near mint condition is probably a £2,500 car giving a saving of about £895.

That was without any haggling so we said £6,500. They wouldnt budge so looking / hoping for a call off them this week at £7,000 and they have got a sale.

Deal done on a red one at £6900 plus the Honda - so thats a £10,500 car for £9,000. Good, bad or ugly ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts