Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am changing now my front side disk rotors.
When I uninstalled calipers and dismounted caliper bolts (pins) I watched there is a slight difference between the two pins - one is bare and rather "triangularly" shaped (called Guide pin on some pictures on internet), and the other one is round with a small rubber "bushing" by the end (called Lock pin on the same pictures).
I know that both have to be cleaned and "greased" with silicone grease.
My question is : is there a difference when installing - on what position is installed the one with the bushing ? If I well remember, the one with the bushing was on the top position in my caliper. On the other hand, on internet I found lot of pictures showing it on the lower position (see second picture) ... is there any difference ? I tried and both are interchangeable as size ...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Camper and thanks for answering!

They get sticky, yes, but they are there for a purpose, vibrations or other issues .... Probably they should be changed with new bushings...
I would like to know more on them,
Thanks,
Popeto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer myself to the question and be useful to others :

I bought my disk rotors to be changed and new pads. Then, I bought a new set of pins / lock (15$ by set of two - 2 sets) bolts and new bushings (4 pcs to be installed on the cap of pins (covering protection against dust ect...) and 2 bushings that one install on two lock bolts - the whole set 10$ (in service they asked me 40$ for one small bushing only!).
Than uninstalled brackets and well cleaned inside with Breaks cleaner and small brush, and then with a tissue over a small screwdriver. Used Silicon grease inside and over the pins, installed the new bushings (2 on pins and 4 on the brackets to cover pins ends) and - click ! Pins move perfectly as springs and do NOT stick as previously !

Hope this info could be useful to anybody !
Popeto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts