Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz which until 2 weeks ago I had been very pleased with. I purchased the car new in February 2009 from a locally known dealership. My first Hyundai.
Two weeks ago on a Friday morning while driving to work, various lights came on on the dash. I called the dealership and was told it was okay, bring the car in that afternoon. I parked the car and then left that afternoon for my appt. I was about 2 miles from the dealership when the car began to lose power. Pulled over to the side of the road, called the 24 hour assistance and was towed to the dealership. The problem was the oil gasket was blown and had leaked oil onto the alternator and blew it out. I was given a loaner car, told it was covered by the warranty and 2 days later had my suv back.

This past Sunday night while driving home from out of town the 'check engine' light popped on and the car began losing acceleration. Moved to the median of the interstate, called 24 hour assistance and asked for a police car due to the location I was in. 2 hours later the tow truck arrived and towed me to the same dealership. Monday am back at the dealer and was told the problem most likely was the Throttle Position Sensor had gone bad causing no acceleration. I also reported that the tilt steering wheel had stopped working properly over the last couple of weeks - they replaced the tilt and telscope switch. Car was fixed the same day and all covered under the warranty. The vehicle has 27,000 miles on it at this time.

I asked the service person whom I have gotten to know pretty well over the past 2 visits IF I should be expecting more problems where the car will leave me on side of the road. He said no, however did share that the Veracruz have been known to have electrical problems. I guess time will tell for me and mine.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Many state lemon laws only apply for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first so I'm not sure if you'll have any recourse there. Hopefully this is just a fluke and you'll return to trouble-free motoring soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had early problems with my used 08 Veracruz as well (I can't believe the dealer would sell me a car with a half gone fuel pump, obviously I didn't know it was going bad) including both of the problems you stated, and it was frustrating and I was mad. Once they were fixed, I realized how good of a deal this was over the other options I could have bought. I really enjoy this car, and it is great on the highway

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (elo train @ Oct 21 2010, 07:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365115
(I can't believe the dealer would sell me a car with a half gone fuel pump, obviously I didn't know it was going bad)
Please clarify "half gone fuel pump"...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Extended crank time, or multiple turns of the key to get the engine going. They needed to jump start it to get it going, so I just assumed the battery needed to recharge itself. The sales rep assured me the cars were checked out ahead of time.
I say half gone because over time it got worse, and they caught it before it would have left me stranded

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2007 had recall for extended crank/no start... up to April 2007 production..

Replaced fuel filter in the fuel pump module. Likely had same issue..

Keep an eye on battery, it likely pushing close to 3yr (depending on chassis production date and how long it sat on pallet prior to initial install to chassis at build)..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts