Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???? Posted for others input on 11/4 and now I can't find the post. Still having poor reception with channels showing up but in and out every other second. Anyone else. This is on my 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE with navigation.

Any help mods? Did I mention it was a 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE with navigation?

Ray

·
Registered
136 Posts
XM radio requires an unobstructed path between the antenna and the sky. If you drive in an area with lots of tall buildings such as in a large city, or lots of trees overhanging the street, or curvy mountain roads, the signal can be blocked frequently. Bridges and tunnels also will cause signal loss as you pass under them. If you are driving in wide open spaces and experience signal loss, then you probably have a problem with your radio or antenna.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i complained about the same thing when i first got mine, get within 200 feet of any tree and the station would wash out, places that the car i traded in worked great with xm.

mine seemed to get better on its own... maybe it was a certain transmission source offline that got back on again, because i didnt do anything to my car.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This issue is either a defect in my receiver or it has something to do with XM being down all weekend (website and call center) for site maintenance and equipment upgrades. Many, many complaints per google users.

We'll see Monday what the solution is going to be. Hope it's not my radio.

Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts