Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have owned a i10 for 9 months now and really like the car with just a couple of problems (new brake master cylinder and new headlight unit).

My question is, Has anyone found an easy way to disable the seatbelt warning alarm? I always wear a seatbelt and don't need a nanny to remind me but there are times when releasing the belt is appropriate and the warning is annoying. If anyone has done this I'd appreciate some advice, if not I'll get the dealer to do it when I have the car serviced in September.
Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (JonnyM @ Jun 21 2010, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334991
Hi, have owned a i10 for 9 months now and really like the car with just a couple of problems (new brake master cylinder and new headlight unit).

My question is, Has anyone found an easy way to disable the seatbelt warning alarm? I always wear a seatbelt and don't need a nanny to remind me but there are times when releasing the belt is appropriate and the warning is annoying. If anyone has done this I'd appreciate some advice, if not I'll get the dealer to do it when I have the car serviced in September.
Thanks

You must have the Comfort or above as the Classic does not nanny with chimes. The good news is that after 100 chimes nanny goes away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes I have disabled my seat belt warning chime for the same reasons. Takes 2 minutes. Look under the driver's seat and locate a black wire going into a connector. Pull the connector apart - job done!

From now on, you will see the seat belt warning icon on the dash illuminate when you turn on the ignition, then extinguish after a few seconds. No more annoying chime. Please report back with how you got on.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts