Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Smart would have been to have the lights just come on, not flash. I just got a new 2019 Santa Fe and they are still doing it. First time I remote started I called the dealer and all I got back was "we know, we know, trust us we know". They were expecting a firmware update to remove it, but last I heard they were still waiting.
I just moved up from a 2017 SFS to 2019 SF. While my 2019 still flashes the lights on Bluelink remote start, at least the lights don't seem as annoyingly bright as they did on my 2017. What really have noticed is that Bluelink remote start is much faster on the 2019 than on the 2017. Presumably it has a better LTE chipset/modem, but there are times when using the app on my iPhone where I haven't even had time to put my phone back in my pocket before the successful start alert comes in.

On another note I had just renewed my Bluelink subscription for the 2017 SFS before trading it in. The 2019 of course comes with three years complementary. But I did receive a full refund on the remaining time on my 2017, which was good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wel. It’s 2019 and the stupid hazard lights still flash while remote start is active. It is most annoying. It’s like a beacon for someone to come and wait by the running car for the hapless victim to come and get in it but not before getting mugged doing so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put up a request on the Google play store to remove this feature and Hyundai actually responded with a canned "please call us" message. I did and it went nowhere. I'm going to call the dealer again just to see if they have heard anything.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I think the flashing lights ever being removed is wishful thinking. I wonder if it is a requirement in Korea? It is more likely we'll see a change with some newer models. I'll be surprised to see any retroactive fix. So many people use remote starters these days that I doubt there is any more of a risk of someone waiting to assail you then there is with any other vehicle. I use mine only when necessary due to extreme weather conditions. It still amazes me that people have no problem using these on any cold morning never once thinking about the wasted fuel but will come in at some future date complaining about poor fuel mileage.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts