Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wanted to pass on...while I was at the dealer getting my front seat fixed (had been rocking during acceleration) I asked about going to a standard FOB type remote start and was given a quote of $600 installed. I do need the higher quality FOB since I work in a hospital and it needs a different frequency(?) Not sure the reason, but this was true with any of the other remotes I have had in previous vehicles. Any way...I questioned them about the flashing lights again and they cannot disable it through blue link, but if I go to the FOB, the lights will not flash....hmmm..is it worth the money for no flashers and more consistent starts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We need to be able to choose to disable these lights

The point is, it's obnoxious. In the middle of the night, or early in the morning, I just want to remote start my car, to warm it up or cool it down.

The friggin' flashing lights is obnoxious to my neighbors, and alerts everyone in the neighborhood, oh, hey, look, that's car's running.

You can talk all about the fact that no one can break in and steal the car.

But they sure as heck can wait 10 minutes, to kick your butt, and steal your keys, iPhone and everything else. Because they know you will be coming out to the car soon.

The flashing lights make is worse. Drawing too much attention to the car.

Remote start has been around for years, and Hyundai completely wrecks it by doing something you can't change, that is totally different from the rest of the world.

Stupid

·
Registered
1 Posts
The point is, it's obnoxious. In the middle of the night, or early in the morning, I just want to remote start my car, to warm it up or cool it down.

The friggin' flashing lights is obnoxious to my neighbors, and alerts everyone in the neighborhood, oh, hey, look, that's car's running.

You can talk all about the fact that no one can break in and steal the car.

But they sure as heck can wait 10 minutes, to kick your butt, and steal your keys, iPhone and everything else. Because they know you will be coming out to the car soon.

The flashing lights make is worse. Drawing too much attention to the car.

Remote start has been around for years, and Hyundai completely wrecks it by doing something you can't change, that is totally different from the rest of the world.

Stupid
I just got a 2017 G80. I LOVED the Toyota remote start - aftermarket. I HATE the bluelink. It's annoying as **** to have those lights flashing, for all the reasons everyone has posted, for years. Who knew? And it takes way tooo long to start the car - what a joke. So I don't use it. I almost feel that I wouldn't have bought this car if I knew I couldn't disable that feature. Very unhappy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sadly, I agree. I tried the remote start on my 2018 Genesis G80 for the first time this morning, in a hotel parking lot. The bright yellow hazard lights flashing repeatedly was enough to cause one of the other hotel patrons in the parking lot to come back in to the front desk and report that there was a car in distress in the parking lot, and that it's owner was nowhere around. Fortunately Bluelink was included in the purchase price of my Genesis. I would never purchase this defective product on my own, and probably will end up not using it very much.

·
Registered
669 Posts
hmmm..is it worth the money for no flashers and more consistent starts?
It'll pay for itself in about 4 years time if means you won't subscribe to BlueLink, if that's any factor.
Kind of strange that you can buy it from the dealer in a Kia Optima (same engine, etc as Sonata & SFS) but Hyundai doesn't offer it. Same thing with the pano roof this year - WTH?

The flashing lights works the same on my Genesis. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Kind of strange that you can buy it from the dealer in a Kia Optima (same engine, etc as Sonata & SFS) but Hyundai doesn't offer it. Same thing with the pano roof this year - WTH?

The flashing lights works the same on my Genesis. You'll get used to it.
Ditto on the stupid flashers. There's no reason, IMO, they can't make it not do that. But they don't care, to be honest.

Still waiting for any third party remote start with smartphone ability for the Hyundai SFS PTS.

All sorts of options for other vehicles, but not the Hyundai, unfortunately.

If I wasn't so far away from the car, I'd get the 2-way remote starts, but the range just isn't enough, and I doubt it'd go through 2 layers of 12" concrete either.

(cell phone signal can, but doubt that RF could).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have to agree that having the lights flash makes no sense. Many other manufacturers simply have the parking lights turn on. Yes, I still use the feature so the neighbors will have to get used to it, but it is a ridiculous feature.......

As far as attracting thieves.....Trust me, even with no lights they'll see the tailpipe smoke if they are truly looking for someone to mug.....

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
It's a stupid feature.

As far as some of the earlier comments. I know a few OEM remote starts that flash the hazards and/or turn on the parking lights. Most of them have menu settings to disable this. A few don't.

Aftermarket remote start can be installed with or without the "feature" but probably can't be changed by the end user.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just downloaded the app and talked to my buddy at the dealer and got it activated but **** these flashing hazards are the stupidest thing ever! I hope this option changes...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think it would have made more sense to just enable parking lights when it's remote started, personally, rather than flashing. It turns off after 10 minutes anyway I think if you haven't in and put your foot on the brake.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ten minute timer or less if you select less (Some models allow that). I used mine over the weekend when I was ill and didn't want the vehicle to sit for 3-4 days in zero degree weather without being started and run.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think it would have made more sense to just enable parking lights when it's remote started, personally, rather than flashing. It turns off after 10 minutes anyway I think if you haven't in and put your foot on the brake.

Don’t have to put your foot on the brake. If you get in the car with the key and close the door, it disables the remote start and switches to fully operational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the flashing lights. Let’s me know the car is started when walking up to it. Thought it was pretty smart.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Not that I am aware of as it is most likely controlled by the Body Control Module. If so that would require a software update and as far as I know Hyundai has never released one to change how the lights operate during a remote start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is now 2019. Some of these same complaints go all the way back to 2013.
I guess Hyundai just doesn't care how badly Bluelink sucks. This could be

a great source of income for them but they they are ignoring all their customers.

About 3-4 months ago I bought a 2016 CPO'd SFS Ultimate. The Bluelink trial is ending and when I told them I didn't want to renew, they told me the nav would no longer function. Could that be right? The Bluelink service itself was terrible. When I would remote start, it would flash my lights, like the car was being stolen. For that reason alone, I wouldn't renew. I have a remote car starter, so can start my car when I am close by. There were no other features I cared that much about.

But I am not clear how much functionality I will lose on my built in Nav system. Bluelink wasn't helpful other than to scare me that unless I renewed I wouldn't have GPS. Can anyone clarify?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the flashing lights. Let’s me know the car is started when walking up to it. Thought it was pretty smart.

Smart would have been to have the lights just come on, not flash. I just got a new 2019 Santa Fe and they are still doing it. First time I remote started I called the dealer and all I got back was "we know, we know, trust us we know". They were expecting a firmware update to remove it, but last I heard they were still waiting.

I posted on the Google app store about this and did get a response, but it was nothing more than a canned response.

"Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, we really appreciate it! Please contact us at 1-844-258-5656 if you have any questions about the remote engine start feature".

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is now 2019. Some of these same complaints go all the way back to 2013.
I guess Hyundai just doesn't care how badly Bluelink sucks. This could be

a great source of income for them but they they are ignoring all their customers.

About 3-4 months ago I bought a 2016 CPO'd SFS Ultimate. The Bluelink trial is ending and when I told them I didn't want to renew, they told me the nav would no longer function. Could that be right? The Bluelink service itself was terrible. When I would remote start, it would flash my lights, like the car was being stolen. For that reason alone, I wouldn't renew. I have a remote car starter, so can start my car when I am close by. There were no other features I cared that much about.

But I am not clear how much functionality I will lose on my built in Nav system. Bluelink wasn't helpful other than to scare me that unless I renewed I wouldn't have GPS. Can anyone clarify?
I tend to use Waze with Android Auto so if I was to lose the factory nav, it would not bother me at all.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts