Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I can’t seem to turn on my dipped headlights without having the parking lights on too. On the stalk I have to ‘click past’ the parking light symbol to get to the dipped headlights so both go on. I can’t be being dim right? There must be a way to have only dipped headlights on without parking lights? Thanks!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
Hi I can’t seem to turn on my dipped headlights without having the parking lights on too. On the stalk I have to ‘click past’ the parking light symbol to get to the dipped headlights so both go on. I can’t be being dim right? There must be a way to have only dipped headlights on without parking lights? Thanks!
No, you can't have headlamps on without the tail/parking lights being on too. That's the why the switch is setup like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks! That’s so weird. Is that common for cars? I’ve had this car a few months and thought it was fine having the parking lights on at the same time but I’ve noticed some oncoming cars flashing me when the lights are on and they’re working fine so having the parking lights on/it being too bright js all I can put it down to.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ah thanks! That’s so weird. Is that common for cars? I’ve had this car a few months and thought it was fine having the parking lights on at the same time but I’ve noticed some oncoming cars flashing me when the lights are on and they’re working fine so having the parking lights on/it being too bright js all I can put it down to.
Yes that's the way they all work, having the front side lights on is is also a good idea if one of the headlight bulbs is blown, otherwise oncoming vehicles might think your a motorbike. If people are flashing at you with your lights dipped it may be your headlights need adjusting. 00000732

1 - 4 of 4 Posts