Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the doors closed when I turn the key all the dash lights come on but nothing happens except that there is a constant dinging sound. Could this be a security system or maybe the immobilizer system??

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think what you're referring to is the seat belt warning chime. If your seat belt isn't fastened when the ignition is turned on then the seat belt indicator light will turn on and you'll hear a chiming noise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you mean when you turn the key to START or simply RUN?

The dash lights come on and the chime with ding if your seatbelt is not on. It will also ding a few times even if your seatbelt IS on, if memory serves. If you turn the key to START, but nothing happens...that is a whole other story, but we'll need you to elaborate with more detail before we can offer more ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
With all the doors closed when I turn the key all the dash lights come on but nothing happens except that there is a constant dinging sound. Could this be a security system or maybe the immobilizer system??
So it doesn't start?

You really should fill in the user info so we know model/style/year of the vehicle you're having problems with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts