Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellow Hyundai owners. I'm having a problem and want to get some opinions on where to continue looking. A couple of weeks ago I don't have as much power under hard acceleration as before . I also get a similar noise as to what we get with cold starts, As if there's air escaping from somewhere. (Not the sound from the BOV after letting off) it's constant while under harder than normal acceleration. I still have some boost just not as much as before. Anyone know a good starting point to start looking for an issue? I just pulled the air box and intake and no obvious cracks in the plastic and filter is good. Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's up fellow Hyundai owners. I'm having a problem and want to get some opinions on where to continue looking. A couple of weeks ago I don't have as much power under hard acceleration as before . I also get a similar noise as to what we get with cold starts, As if there's air escaping from somewhere. (Not the sound from the BOV after letting off) it's constant while under harder than normal acceleration. I still have some boost just not as much as before. Anyone know a good starting point to start looking for an issue? I just pulled the air box and intake and no obvious cracks in the plastic and filter is good. Thanks!
I don't know if this is your issue or not but everything I lose boost in mine it seems to be my wastegate voltage being low. I forget what its supposed to be but if you look it up I'm sure you'll find a write up on how to do check and adjust it. Seems to be a common problem

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if this is your issue or not but everything I lose boost in mine it seems to be my wastegate voltage being low. I forget what its supposed to be but if you look it up I'm sure you'll find a write up on how to do check and adjust it. Seems to be a common problem

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Yes I've had that issue as well, I still have boost it's just not the same amount, as if the air is escaping from somewhere because I can hear it rushing out just don't know where from.
Can't hurt to check voltage again though, so I can do that while I wait and see if someone has some advice Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,698 Posts
If you are having a loss of power related to loosing boost the problem is from the turbo to the heads. if wont be air box,, intake hose etc.
A few members have had intercoolers crack at the seams.
Make up a soapy water spray and start looking for bubbles. On the LF they also had a turbo hose TSB because it cracked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are having a loss of power related to loosing boost the problem is from the turbo to the heads. if wont be air box,, intake hose etc.
A few members have had intercoolers crack at the seams.
Make up a soapy water spray and start looking for bubbles. On the LF they also had a turbo hose TSB because it cracked.
Thank you, I'll start looking into the intercooler. Do you know which TSB it is? Is it the turbo oil feed one?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,698 Posts
Thank you, I'll start looking into the intercooler. Do you know which TSB it is? Is it the turbo oil feed one?
NO there was the turbo oil line TSB but at least on the LF (2015-2019) there was a TSB for the turbo intake hose, I believe they changed the material to be more temp resistant because the hoses were cracking or popping off.

I believe this is the TSB for the LF and in the description they state "hearing an air rushing noise"

I did not see one for the YF but that doesnt mean the same thing could not have happened

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO there was the turbo oil line TSB but at least on the LF (2015-2019) there was a TSB for the turbo intake hose, I believe they changed the material to be more temp resistant because the hoses were cracking or popping off.

I believe this is the TSB for the LF and in the description they state "hearing an air rushing noise"

I did not see one for the YF but that doesnt mean the same thing could not have happened
Thank you for the info. I'll take the hose off and inspect it to see. Thanks again !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts