Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are curious, Hyundai has listed the dimensions for both the Sport and LWB models on the Newsroom website. However, I'll save you the trouble and post them here, complete with conversions to metric for those outside the USA.

Sport:

Wheelbase: 106.3" (270 cm)
Overall Length: 184.6" (468.9 cm)
Overall Width: 74.0" (188 cm)
Overall Height w/roof rack: 66.1" (167.9 cm)
Curb Weight; FWD: 3,459 lbs. (1,585 kg.)
Curb Weight; AWD: 3,616 lbs. (1,640 kg.)
Curb Weight; 2.0T FWD: 3,602 lbs. (1,634 kg.)
Curb Weight; 2.0T AWD: 3,739 lbs. (1,696 kg.)

LWB:

Wheelbase: 110.2" (279.9 cm)
Overall Length: 193.1" (490.5 cm)
Overall Width: 74.2" (188.5 cm)
Overall Height w/roof rack: 66.5" (168.9 cm)
Curb Weight; FWD: 3,869 lbs. (1,755 kg.)
Curb Weight; AWD: 4,012 lbs. (1,820 kg.)

The Sport is only an inch or so longer than the current CM body but the long wheelbase model is getting up there in size, measuring two inches longer than an Acura MDX!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is a list of optional equipment packages listed so far and I must say, I'm impressed.

Santa Fe Sport will be offered in Base (naturally-aspirated) and Turbo trim levels.

Popular Equipment Package
- Standard on Turbo

- Roof rack side rails
- Fog lights
- Power driver seat with lumbar support
- Automatic headlights
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Heated front seats.

Leather and Premium Equipment Package; Requires Popular Equipment Package on Base, stand-alone package on Turbo

- Leather seating surfaces with heated rear seats
- Power front passenger seat
- Dual zone automatic temperature control with CleanAir Ionizer
- 4.3” color AV display with rearview camera
- Proximity key with push button start
- Supervision cluster with TFT LCD screen
- Auto dimming interior mirror with HomeLink and compass
- Exterior mirrors with side repeater lights
- Deluxe metal accent door scuff

Technology Package; Requires Leather and Premium Equipment Package on Base, stand-alone package on Turbo.

- Navigation system with Dimension audio
- Panoramic sunroof (roof rack side rails TBA)
- Sliding second row seat
- Heated steering wheel

-------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Fe will be offered in base GLS and upper-level Limited trim levels with a 3.3-liter direct-injected V6 (290 hp) being the only engine choice.

Popular Equipment Package;
Optional on GLS, standard on Limited

- Heated front seats
- Heated exterior mirrors and spotter mirror (TBA)
- Automatic headlights

Leather & Premium Equipment Package; Optional on GLS, standard on Limited.

Requires Popular Equipment Package:

- Leather seating surfaces with heated 2nd row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Navigation system with Dimension audio and rearview camera
- Memory settings

Technology Package; Optional only on Limited.

- Navigation system with Infinity audio
- Panoramic sunroof (roof rack side rails TBD)
- Blind Spot detection
- Heated steering wheel

·
Registered
756 Posts
Any guess on LWB Bare Limited and Tech pkg on Limited prices?
I throw mine here:
Bare Limited - $28,500 (based on current Veracruz price)
Tech pkg Limited - $31,500
Fully Loaded Limited - no idea

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Here is a list of optional equipment packages listed so far and I must say, I'm impressed.

Santa Fe Sport will be offered in Base (naturally-aspirated) and Turbo trim levels.

Popular Equipment Package
- Standard on Turbo

- Roof rack side rails
- Fog lights
- Automatic headlights
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Heated front seats.

Leather and Premium Equipment Package; Requires Popular Equipment Package on Base, stand-alone package on Turbo

- Leather seating surfaces with heated rear seats
- 4.3” color AV display with rearview camera
- Proximity key with push button start
- Supervision cluster with TFT LCD screen

Technology Package; Requires Leather and Premium Equipment Package on Base, stand-alone package on Turbo.

- Navigation system with Dimension audio
- Panoramic sunroof (roof rack side rails TBA)
- Sliding second row seat
- Heated steering wheel

-------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Fe will be offered in base GLS and upper-level Limited trim levels with a 3.3-liter direct-injected V6 (290 hp) being the only engine choice.

Popular Equipment Package;
Optional on GLS, standard on Limited

- Heated front seats
- Heated exterior mirrors and spotter mirror (TBA)
- Automatic headlights

Leather & Premium Equipment Package; Optional on GLS, standard on Limited.

Requires Popular Equipment Package:

- Leather seating surfaces with heated 2nd row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Navigation system with Dimension audio and rearview camera
- Memory settings

Technology Package; Optional only on Limited.

- Navigation system with Infinity audio
- Panoramic sunroof (roof rack side rails TBD)
- Blind Spot detection
- Heated steering wheel
Are you taking orders? I'll take a Sport Turbo with the "Leather and Premium Equipment Package". :)

Oh, what color. Do you have any color info?

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Panoramic sunroof (roof rack side rails TBA)
Panoramic sunroof (roof rack side rails TBD)
Any idea what does that really mean?

In Tucson, getting the panoramic sunroof will remove the roof rack side rails. This is odd to me and some Tucson owners considering its silbing Sportage can have both panoamric sunroof and roof rack side rail.

I will defiintely get the sunroof and also want to get the side rails and add the bars for snowboards and stuffs when I have to carry full of people to trip.

So, they haven't decided yet or they will have a different side rail for sunroof?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any idea what does that really mean?

In Tucson, getting the panoramic sunroof will remove the roof rack side rails. This is odd to me and some Tucson owners considering its silbing Sportage can have both panoamric sunroof and roof rack side rail.

I will defiintely get the sunroof and also want to get the side rails and add the bars for snowboards and stuffs when I have to carry full of people to trip.

So, they haven't decided yet or they will have a different side rail for sunroof?
Welcome to America. Basically, Hyundai of America just wants to mess with us. They think Tucson buyers who want Sunroof wouldn't want the side rails, so they don't offer here ANY Tucson with both sunroof and side rails. (obviously to keep their costs down).

I am assuming they are considering the same with the Santa Fe, which just sucks. If you've read my thread about the missing fog-light LED running lights, you now have an idea of what product we're getting here. I also read somewhere that Santa Fe here will use inferior build compared to at least the European build. These are all sh*ty news from Hyundai of America. Really disappointed.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You say it's done to keep costs down and that is true. But before you get mad at them, consider that the European market Santa Fe (current-gen) STARTS at €29,700 ($37,635) for stripped-down gas stick shift and tops out at €44,090 ($55,869) for a fully-loaded diesel, I think we get a darn good deal. Also remember that stripped-down in Europe is far different than here. No power windows, probably no A/C, a completely gutless engine and maybe a basic radio. Are those cross-rails really worth $55 grand?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You say it's done to keep costs down and that is true. But before you get mad at them, consider that the European market Santa Fe (current-gen) STARTS at €29,700 ($37,635) for stripped-down gas stick shift and tops out at €44,090 ($55,869) for a fully-loaded diesel, I think we get a darn good deal. Also remember that stripped-down in Europe is far different than here. No power windows, probably no A/C, a completely gutless engine and maybe a basic radio. Are those cross-rails really worth $55 grand?
I would much prefer the rails to be factory installed, rather than I have to go aftermarket, so if there is any leaking or issue that will be covered by warranty. And again, rail and sunroof are available on Sportage, it's really odd that they can't do that for Tucson and Santa Fe.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you taking orders? I'll take a Sport Turbo with the "Leather and Premium Equipment Package". :)

Oh, what color. Do you have any color info?

John
No color information as of yet, sorry.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I also read somewhere that Santa Fe here will use inferior build compared to at least the European build. These are all sh*ty news from Hyundai of America. Really disappointed.
Where did you read that? Please post a link.

There is lots of information on the internet. The trick is separating the truth from the stuff people make up and then spread around.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did you read that? Please post a link.

There is lots of information on the internet. The trick is separating the truth from the stuff people make up and then spread around.
Sounds like somebody's personal opinion, if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I also read somewhere that Santa Fe here will use inferior build compared to at least the European build. These are all sh*ty news from Hyundai of America. Really disappointed.
There is a perception in Europe that cars built in US factories are inferior to virtually identical models built in Japan, Korea and Europe - including European premium models built in the US like BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

I've no idea if it's actually true but having owned a number of GM, Subaru and now Hyundai models that are built both sides of the pond, there do seem to be a number of reliability issues on the US models which just don't occur in Europe - nothing to do with the number of complaints on the internet because that simply reflects the much higher US sales figures.

As far as 2013 Santa Fe goes, Hyundai UK's press releases have stated that cabin material quality will be higher for Europe than the US - as they aspire to compete in the premium sector, they'll certainly need to be much higher than the current CM model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As far as 2013 Santa Fe goes, Hyundai UK's press releases have stated that cabin material quality will be higher for Europe than the US - as they aspire to compete in the premium sector, they'll certainly need to be much higher than the current CM model.
that's what i read somewhere, i just can't find it. lol.
personally, i got really disappointed from all the things i have read so far that i may have completely abandoned my interest in the SFS. too bad, i really waited for it,, but the US spec being different (not in a good way) is something i am not thrilled about. but since there is no official word on the final release yet, i'd just have to wait and see.

i'm thinking this is one of those releases that for the US market, they would release a downgraded version for marketing reasons. the Veloster for example, the US spec is the worst spec'ed compared to the rest of the world... and one would think that they did that to spark the interest for their "next year car", which is the Veloster Turbo that has most of the features of the regular Veloster from other countries. and they are marketing those features as "new" when in fact i was there already there, only not for the US market.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like Hyundai's UK office is trying to get the attention of everybody over there who still thinks gas is 87¢ a gallon here and we all drive these. Yeah...we'll give those stupid Americans the cheaper version. They're so dumb they'll never know the difference.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Sounds like Hyundai's UK office is trying to get the attention of everybody over there who still thinks gas is 87¢ a gallon here and we all drive these. Yeah...we'll give those stupid Americans the cheaper version. They're so dumb they'll never know the difference.
For decades, European car plants have exported low/middle trim models to North America but re-badged as high-end.

It's nothing to do with "dumb" or "stupid" - it's all to do with providing individual markets with what they want (or at least what manufacturers think they want) rather than trying to force a "one size fits all" across the world. Current Santa Fe interior trim materials are very low standard by comparison to other budget/mainstream cars on sale here.

That's why Europe sees the Santa Fe as a "full-size" SUV while North America sees it as a mid-size crossover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts