Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello; here's another question for the experienced here....

I am adding a JBL MS-8 processor to my Sonata, and the instructions say that the MS-8 has to be the first component to turn on, and every other amp has to get the remote lead from the MS-8; apparently this to avoid pop noises when turning on/off.

Looking at the Dimension amp's connector I see 3 power wires (1,2 and 3 red wires), and then an "I/P Junction Box (Fuse-Clock)" blue wire (7). Anyone knows if this is a remote lead? If it was, I could use this to go first to the MS-8, and then from the MS-8 one wire back here and one into the aftermarket amp that will power speakers.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is not a remote lead. It is a12V wire but the amp works without it. I wonder what's it for.

I will use it as remote for the MS-8 anyway.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It is not a remote lead. It is a12V wire but the amp works without it. I wonder what's it for.

I will use it as remote for the MS-8 anyway.
There's no remote turn-on at the amp, it's strictly digital (SPDIF) between the head-unit and amplifier. My guess... to enable the amp for phone use even if the head-unit is selected off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that's possible. Thanks Sienna. I'm almost ready. Lots of wiring and molex connectors. It will be plug and play. Disconnect a couple of things here and there and the board that holds the MS-8 and amp on top of the spare will be easily removable, leaving stock system working if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts