Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched on this forum for information about low beam headlight lamps without much success. The low beams on my 2010 Sonata seem dim compared to my other vehicles. I do not want to install HID lamps but would like a recommendation for a brighter lamp. Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (ncridgerunner @ Nov 7 2010, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369777
I have searched on this forum for information about low beam headlight lamps without much success. The low beams on my 2010 Sonata seem dim compared to my other vehicles. I do not want to install HID lamps but would like a recommendation for a brighter lamp. Thanks for any assistance!
The low beams on my Sonata are brighter than the low beams on my previous vehicle (Saturn) and seem comparable to other (non-HID) cars on the road. You might try and replacing both bulbs to see if that helps. The relay might be damaged and could be the cause of the dimmer output. I would also check the fuse to make sure it is not damaged as well, which could also limit voltage going to lamps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I'm comparing the Sonata to a civic, ridgeline, and sentra. When I drive down our long private neighborhood road at night, I can definitely see better with the other vehicles. I just bought the sonata with 29K and really like the way it drives. I wouldn't think it would need new lamps at this young age but I guess this will be my next step. Any brand preferences for a 2010 Sonata?

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I replaced my bulbs with the "standard" Sylvania halogen bulbs I had serious issues with my low beams. After a couple of scary incidents where I was outrunning my visibility, going over the mountains from TN to NC, I switched to the Sylvania Silver Star bulbs. Dramatic improvement. Definitely worth the extra $ to be able to safely drive at real highway speeds.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you haven't found a better way, just do HID's.
I have a DDM kit sitting at home for a turkey day install, so I will put up a DIY for the 2009-2010. Should be quite a bit easier than with the 06-08 from what I hear.
It was only 35 and 50 total with 2nd day air, which I highly recommend. I've seen so many late shipping reviews from DDM so I think 2nd day air gets around that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts